Chapter 2

"LET'S GO! LET'S GO! LET'S GO! GET THOSE FEET ON THE FIELD" My coach yelled.

As we headed into our last practice before the big game.
"Devin! Let me talk to you real quick" "yeah coach?"

"Now I don't mean to put too much pressure on you but tonight I want you to play like your life depends on it."

I laughed and responded "yeah coach I gotcha."

firmly my coach reassured me that he was serious "Devin D'Wade Reins I want you to give your all there is going to be a lot of scouts here tonight and watching across the country. I know you have your heart set on one school but leave your options open."

"Yes sir" I responded.

As I made my way off the fields to the locker room I looked to my left and seen this girl I've never really seen around the school. She was with that Lex girl that all the fellas talked about wanting to smash, yeah, she was bad, but it was something about her friend that caught my interest more. She turned her head to the side and we caught eyes I gave her my million dollar smile and she turned her head back in a panic like a child who was caught doing something they weren't supposed to do. She was a little on the chunky side nothing major besides I like my women with a little meat on their bones, her curls bounced with every step she took, the sun made her mocha skin pop even more... I knew I needed to find out who this girl was.

"Devin! C'mon!"

a voice shouted waking me from my daze, it was Brian one of my teammates. As I ran to join Brian and the fellas in the locker room I could hear the loud music bumping from the back doors I could hear YNW Melly playing

"We gon' pull up with them sticks and hop out with them choppers

Walking out the ten in blue Balenciaga's

I caught an opp, now I got blood on blue Balenciaga's

Up that forty, let that pistol sing a melody"

The whole locker room was lit as we got prepared for the big game. While getting ready Brian turned down the music causing everyone to yell at him in irritation.

"Calm down fellas I have a little challenge for you guys."

The tone in his voice drew everyone near we could see he was holding a bucket to our surprise we had to figure out what was in it. He continued...

"Here in this bucket, we have some girls who we are about to turn into women. So, here's the challenge pick out a girl out the bucket and whichever girls you get you must turn out before you walk across the stage graduation day! Who's in?"

"You can count me in!"

"ME TOO!"

"Yeah, me too" many of the fellas agreed.

"Devin?" Brian questioned...

"Umm I don't know about this, I don't think we should play with the ladies like this."

"Devin don't be a loser it's just a little game hell there probably giving it out already" Brian explained

"Yeah Devin it's just a game" clay Thomas joined.

I thought to myself for a couple of seconds, even though I knew it was wrong I agreed and made my selection from the bucket. To my surprise when I saw the girl in the picture I knew this was going to be harder than I thought, but at least I had a name to the face

"McKayla Hamilton"

I repeated the name to myself as I finished getting ready to take the field I hope she'd be at the game tonight.