Chapter 38- The Threat

Samarth's P. O.V
After coming back from the ice cream parlour... We went to Ishu's place. We talked about her feelings, and discussed the interview, which was a bit embarrassing for me. Currently, we were in bed next to each other.

The weather was pleasant and windy, so we had opened the windows of the room. The white curtains were blowing, the moonlight from the window falling on our feet.

Just a white pigeon is missing, otherwise it would have looked like a palace...and if this was a palace, I would be the princess's secret lover....

I snorted at my thoughts. Ishu was right. This place is small, quiet and away from the hustle bustle of the city, but it feels like home.

I was feeling extremely light after telling Ishu that I was hiding something from her. It feels like half of the load has been lifted off my chest. But half of the load is still-

"Samarth... Can I hold you?"
"Of course darling" she climbed over my body and rested her head in the crook of my neck. I looked down at our entwined fingers as she smoothly moved her fingertips up and down my sternum.

One of my hands was holding hers, and with the other hand I was stroking her silky hair.

"Romantic?" I asked and she looked up at me.
She didn't say anything, just smiled.
"It's my first day of work tomorrow...." she said gazing at the stars from the open window beside us.

"Nervous?"
"I don't think so"
"I was really nervous about my first day at work. I was worried people would throw me out"
"Really Samarth?" she looked at me with curiosity.

"Hmm... But you're so brave sweetheart"
"I'm brave because you are there with me. Even if someone throws me out, you'll always be there to catch me" she kissed my jawline.

"You trust me so much?"
"I do... And I love you"
She hugged me tightly and then closed her eyes.

Tomorrow's going to be a tough day for me...

                          *      *      *
Ishita's P.O.V
The next day I woke up quite early and got dressed. I put on my heels, they are not so comfortable to walk in, but they'll make me look a bit more professional. First impression is the last impression.

Samarth was still asleep, so I made breakfast for him and left a note on the table.

I won't eat anything, because there are too many things on my mind right now.

I was about to leave when Samarth woke up.
"Good morning Ishu"
"Good morning"
"You woke up so early" he walked over to the kitchen, "and you made me breakfast"

"Yeah I thought-"
He came closer and placed his finger on my lips.
"I could have done that myself... I won't starve without you cooking for me"

"It's fine-"
"Let me speak Ishu. I know how to cook, and even if I didn't... I would have gone to a cafe or something. It's your first day of work. You're a woman, but that doesn't mean you will be the only one taking care of the household"

Samarth removed his finger from my lips and as I opened my mouth to speak something, I felt his lips on mine.

"I love you Ishu"
"I love you too Samarth"

                        *     *      *
I reached office and went to the reception desk. Two men and a woman were at the desk.

The receptionist attending to me was a woman, she was wearing a maroon blouse with a black pencil skirt. Her brown hair was tied into a ponytail.
"Miss Ishita Singh?"
"Yeah"