Chapter 2

Soulmate AU: At the age of sixteen, the symbol of their soulmate will appear on their wrist. Everything will be connected once they already meet their soulmate; the symbol of their wrist tinted with their core color. Once the color fully drained from the symbol, so as one's soulmate life — and also its destined significant other.

•••

Light still flickers,

So does the hope of living.

•••

Ray's body had been frozen when the unconscious Emma was the view given through his sight. Just like how he mentioned about her face, it was devastated. Her lids were worn-out from crying. The color of her lips was as pale as her skin — just like the unusual moonlight that kissed on vampire's complexion.

She really looked like a dead person.

"Oi, Emma!" His anxiety begun to sneak in through his veins, seeping through his apathetic mask, loading its shell to destroy it. Before his breakdown would stay on his emotion, he used his stored sanity to search for the key in this temporary dream. His eyes went on Emma's wrist and instantly checked if the color of the snowflake was still evident through his eyes.

When they meet their soulmate, the bare symbol will be tainted into their core color. Emma's snowflake has been filled with orange color.

Notwithstanding, it can also distinguished the lifespan of their partner. When the filled color has been gone in one's wrist, it means that their soulmate are already gone. Since everything is connected, their chosen one has a same fate with their soulmate. In addition, if your soulmate's current condition becomes good, the color of the symbol will fill the void again.

The ravenette's eyes widen when her symbol was almost empty — one-fourth of the color remained. Since her previous attack, the reduction of the color of her symbol was getting worse and that event made them worry a lot because Emma would really die anytime soon if Norman would never do a remedy to live longer.

"Geez, why do you end up with someone who has a weak body?" He grunted as his arms supported her weight and carried her to the black sofa. The aftermath of his weariness was still visible on his face. He looked at Emma and said, "You are really unlucky, aren't you?"

After that, he started to breathe in normal pace when the color of the symbol gradually revive onto her wrist. 'Norman must be okay now.'

He heard faint steps coming from the stairs until it reached from the ground. Their movements were ringing louder through his ears as they moved closer to the living room. Ray laid his friend on the sofa and looked at the other concerned members in this household.

He sat on the another cushioned chair, opposite on Emma's point before. Crossing his legs, he faced them and reassured, "She's alive. Don't worry."

Their shoulders depressed as the weight that they had been dwelling on reduced when they heard Ray's announcement.

Anna was the first one who approached Emma's sleeping figure. She sat on the ground and scrutinized the complexion of her appearance, thinking about the possible way to lighten her mood.

Gilda was the second person who stand beside her underclassman. Her nerves couldn't stop shaking although her friend said that she was okay now. It was really frustrating to witness her unusual state and she couldn't do anything but to watch her until she would see the aftermath of her suffering.