Chaper 5

Yuuri

Viktor smells like vanilla.

I know, a weird thing to think to yourself alone on the couch. Today's a cool day and I couldn't find any of my hoodies so I borrowed one of Viktors. Did I say borrow? I meant stole. It's baggy and the sleeves are too long for me, but I don't care. It's warm, that's all that matters. I take a deep breath in. Mmm. it smells like Viktor too. Oh is that creepy? My parents and Mari have been gone all day, and I have no idea where they are.
"Is that a new sweatshirt?"
"Ahh! Oh Viktor."
Viktor snuck up behind me and wrapped his arms around me.
"No, It's not new."
"Hmm, it looks familiar, but I know I've never seen you wear it."
He definitely knows it's his. He's just teasing me.
"Viktor, it's yours."
Viktor smirked. "Oh that's why it looks so familiar!!" He gave me a kiss on the cheek. "You look good in it."
Viktor hopped over the couch. He pulled me in for a hug and lied down. Viktor started to stroke my hair.
"わたしは、あなたを愛しています." I muttered to myself. At least I thought it was to myself.
"What does that mean Yuuri?"
"W-what?"
"What you just said. What does it mean?"
"Oh uh, it uh, it means 'I love you'."
   "I love you to Yuuri~."
I am not to proud to admit that I have a small addiction to how he says my name. When he drags out the 'U' sound, just, I'm weak. Normally, there would me nothing on my mind to distract me from this moment. But, that's different now. Now, I have this inescapable feeling in the back of my mind that I don't deserve this. That this is all a lie. No matter how much I try, it's still there. Well, if I can't mute it I can at least turn it down as much as I can.
Suddenly, Viktor sat up. Which caused me to sit up too. When I looked over at him he's just looking at me.
"What is it?" I ask him. Does my face look weird or something?"
"Nothing, you're just so beautiful."
Viktor wraps his hands around my waist.
God I love this feeling. Viktor moves me so that I'm sitting on his lap. My head is buried in his chest. I'm breathing in that familiar scent of vanilla and all is good. I made another realization then.

Viktor smells like vanilla... but he tastes like mint.