seven.

/taehyung's POV\

while ungjae left, he closed the door behind him, that made me feel safe. but my dad comes to the rescue, like he always does. he does so much for me, yet all i do for him is create problems. that makes me sad.

dad comes in my room, and gives me the 'you know the drill' look. in a flash, my clothes are off and then i realize something. the doctor.

"w-what about the d-doctor? i-i h-haven't done o-online school in d-days." i ask, my father slipping me into a shirt that read 'earth day, save the planet!" i guess i hadn't realized from before, but i see it now. there was a bag scattered on the floor, and a jacket draped over the air mattress.

"it's a m-mess! i-it doesn't g-go there!" i spat, and i meant it. my dad gives me the 'shh' sign with his finger, and i mentally repeat a phrase he taught me when i was younger.

"dont get mad about certain things, think about the mysteries they bring!"

"don't get mad about certain things, don't get mad at  certain things...." he slips me into tight fitting jeans, and he opens the door.

"okay! who's ready to see where i work?" i raise my hand immediately, noticing my two younger cousins doing the same.

because dads car can't hold all of us, we're going in aunt cindy's van. "ungjae, strap the girls in." ungjae lets out a groan and opens the door behind the passenger seat. "ma! they're seven." "i don't care!" i stood outside of the car while ungjae does what he's told. i'm looking at dad.

doesn't matter what we're in, car or truck- it's always nice to buckle up!

i think this to myself, but dad just smiles at me and gets in the seat next to aunt cindy. the girls sit in the first row of seats, taeho in the middle. "ungjae, you're nineteen, get in the back with taehyung."

"i heard you're pretty good at wack-a-mole, maybe you can teach me your moves?" ungjae nudges me as the doors shut, with the push of the button and the engine starts. i was too wrapped up in the concept of self closing doors to answer though.

"mhm." i say. the rest of the car ride is mostly silent
———————————————————————-

/jungkook's POV\

ms. manoban is practically jogging to her car, i'm almost out of breath trying to catch up with her. "slow down!" i shout as i follow her going out of the back door instead of the front.

"in french!" she seems satisfied, i can hear the smirk in her voice." finally catching up to her i retort. "ralentissez." "very good." she opens the back door, unlocking the door of her truck. "a truck?" i ask, in a hurry, i hop in and shut the door behind me.

"mhm, old reliable." she starts the truck up. "i need to get to the new arcade, please." she nods in response. "no problem, its a block away from my home."

we dont speak the rest of the way there. i grip my bookbag as she pulls into the parking lot as i wave. "thank you!" i don't have time to watch her pull out of the lot, i'm five minutes late.

the arcade isn't very crowded, i notice as im sprinting into the bathrooms to change. but one thing i know is:

my boss isn't here. not yet, anyways.