08. 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙡

ashton's arms slowly became the first destination for luke as he head out of his house at eventide

luke was dressed in a light violet sweater, and a light grey pair of jeans, which matched his self painted nails, and luke was pretty proud of them right now. he did a good job.

ashton seemed to agree, kissing his hands and snuggling his little button nose into luke's whispy blonde hair as they were cuddled on the prodigious bed, watching reruns of the walking dead. the boys has grown closer and closer during their sneak outs, and luke has grown to be fond of the older boy while ashton had become so incredibly protective of the tenuous younger boy.

he might just will himself to fall in love again.

because ashton made him feel again. he felt safe, and loved and happy. it's been a few weeks since they first met and ashton stole his breath -that's how ashton describes it- and luke can now sleep at night without crying his heart out, was eating again, and his rise in health was evident in his eyes and how it glint and shimmered. it made ashton's heart swell and both boys were so happy togather, in each other's arms.

the ocean eyed boy still had his many doubts, and his fair share of tears because the michael inside his mind didn't want him to move on.

nevertheless, luke decided that he didn't have anything else to lose, and attached another string to his heart, tattooing the bold letters of ashton and giving it to the copper eyed boy on a plate, with the aptitude of breaking the broken pieces of his heart, but hoping, that ashton would be there to catch him before he hits the ground and splits all over again.

a month ago, luke would have laughed at the thought of moving on, but it was now looking to be inevitable.

truth to be told, luke was sure that ashton was an actual corporeal angel and luke was getting real tired of lucifer holding the reigns.

well, most of the times, the exception being right now because the smaller boy wouldn't stop knocking him over in their combat game play, despite both of them being categorized in the same team, recognized by the bold emblem of gold they both adorned on their mahogany red leather jackets that ashton was getting good at ignoring.

he was doing it on purpose, though. it was evident by the creases of the sides of his eyes, and how his nose crinkled as his mouth stretched farther into his dimpled cheeks as he let out loud shrieks and giggles, in spite of luke's satirical glare. if anything, it was making him laugh harder, and luke couldn't help but smile fondly as each giggle that erupted from the other boy made his heart leaped against his ribcage.

"you're missing the whole point of the game, you're supposed to be defending me!"

ashton grinned at luke's whining, and reached out a hand to dishevel luke's already scruffy hair.

"it's not my fault you're in the way, baby"

luke held his stare, bringing his face so close that luke could see him in the fields of dark green and the golden sunflowers dancing around inside ashton irwin's eyes. the smaller boy brought his arms out and grabbed on to the other boy's elbows to steady himself, and as both their heartbeats raced in sync, ashton leaned in and luke's fingers tangled in his golden curls, both of them losing themselves in the bliss.