Need a new toaster

Burning. I awoke to the smell of burning and the sound of an alarm blaring it's through my earlobes. My eyes shot open and  feet instantly sprang out of bed. I looked around but there was no fire or smoke.

scratching my forehead perplexed, an old habit of mine, I quickly turned of the alarm clock and and ran out  the bedroom door.

After a few steps in the hall I finally realised what had happened. The smell of fire was coming from the kitchen and in the kitchen stood my mother tossing two slices of completely burnt toast from one hand to the other.

I groaned walking into the kitchen ' mum how many times have I told you that we need a new toaster, ours has been broken for ages'
my mother smiled sheepishly 'sorry Hun, I keep forgetting, as soon as I get my next pay check' I frowned that had been her answer for the the last two weeks but before I could say anything my mum started talking again 'that probably wasn't the best way to wake up' she said smiling.
I just smiled in return 'no it wasn't'.
--
Looking at the clock I saw it was already 6:30 meaning I had one hour to get ready. So setting off to work I hurried to take a quick shower, got dressed into my usual attire a plain shirt with some denim jeans and ate a quick breakfast in the process of which accidentally spilling coffee on my shirt and changing into anther plain shirt. I waved goodby to My mum and headed outside.

My bike wasn't the fanciest in the street
in fact (if anything )it was the complete opposite. It had rust stains all over it and you could barley see the paint, but I loved it. I'd had my bike as long as I remembered and It was, I could say, a big part of my daily routine. If it weren't for my bike I wouldn't have any fast means of getting to school giving the teachers ever more reason to dislike me.

With my purple school back slumped on my shoulder and my helmet fastened on I hopped onto my bike and rode off.