{Chapter Three}

.  .  .  .  .

"It's okay to dislike someone, or even dislike someone for no reason.  But it's not okay to disrespect, degrade, and humiliate that person."

.  .  .  .  .

Josephine's POV

.  .  .  .  .

I walked into the school, still talking to the girls but mostly focusing on Nevaeh.

"So, why did you leave California?" she asked. "I thought it was supposed to be all sunshine and rainbows down there."

"You know, your typical bullshit," I said with a sigh, not wanting these strangers to know just how screwed up my life was.

"Well, I know that you haven't been here for a while, but, just in case you forgot, New York isn't the best place either."

"Believe me. I know." And so does my father.

"Right, well, this is my locker, so I'll see you in bio," she said before stopping.

"Bye." I walked away.

Promise had already left, so I pulled my schedule from my pocket and tried to find my locker. "Three-sixty, three-sixty, three-sixty..." I mumbled to myself, looking past all the students to see the numbers. "Ah, three-sixty." I let out a sigh of relief. I flipped my paper over to see my combination, and, after a few tries, got it down. On the inside of my locker, you could see the residue from past stickers, or the sharpie marks and graffiti from "rebels" who used to occupy it. With a huff, I put my bookbag inside before taking out some supplies I knew I'd need. Somebody walked up to the locker next to mine.

"Excuse me," I heard them say.

I looked up and saw the boy from detention. He was even more attractive up close. His jawline was so sharp, I bet it could cut through glass. "Wow," I whispered to myself.

"What?" he asked.

"Oh...um...nothing. Sorry." I could feel the heat rising to my face as I pulled my locker door closer to me so that he could get to his own.

The hallways were almost empty when I heard the bell go off. I hurriedly shut my locker and power-walked down the hall, trying to find my class. I peeked through the windows of each room, looking like an absolute creep, in hopes that I'd get to the right one. I heard someone chuckling in amusement behind me and quickly turned around, only to be met with a hard surface. I fell to the ground, all of my books being dropped as my papers scattered across the floor. I looked up in embarrassment to see the blonde boy from the lockers. A huge smile was plastered across his face.

"You should really watch where you're going," he laughed.

"No shit, Sherlock." In a very un-graceful way, I stood up from the ground. "Could you help me pick this stuff up?" I asked with annoyance lacing my tone.

"Aren't you gonna say 'please'?" he toyed.

"Could you help me pick this stuff up, pretty please with a cherry on top?" I clasped my hands together in a mocking way as I finished my sentence with heavy sarcasm.

"Nope." He shrugged.

Ugh! How can this guy be so rude?

"What?...Well, could you tell me where the bio room is, at least?"

"I don't know where it is," he simply stated before pushing past me, causing me to fall again.

"That was rude!" I exclaimed.