Perfect

I've never been into track, and there's a reason why. Panting, sweating it doesn't do a thing for my hair! Especially in this time of year. The summer warmth is still as welcoming, but with every step a little boy takes two.

Almost instantaneously as soon as I arrived, a sweet but annoying munchkin boy has been vouching for my attention, like a puppy.

At first I thought it was sweet. The usual sweet boy falling for the most beautiful girl he's ever seen in his life. It started he insisted with speaking up, which is precisely how I got into this mess with my roommate.

I was able to dodge him before he could finish gathering his books after History, but still he can't seem to take a hint. After a while I began to think I was safe, but then I heard it. "Miss Galinda, Miss Galinda! Bellowing across the campus, I couldn't believe it! Dodging myself between two unaware students, wishing and praying he wouldn't see me.

However, no it was to no avail, spotting me, instantly, the giddy boy made his way, waving childishly towards me, asking if I had heard him calling innocently.

What could I say? He was hopeless, I couldn't possibly tell him off. He may be a bit of a pest, but he doesn't mean harm by it. I guess I am too good.

"Galinda?!" Stepping forward, chest out, then noticing an error, took a step up from a staircase, before continuing. "I know I am a simple munchkin...but even munchkins have feelings".

Not yet finished with his peace, I scrambled my brain to get out of this mess. I am out of his league, and he knows it, but I can't be rude. He's just a hopelessly in love munchkin.

Questioning my reactions towards him, if I even knew he existed, I had to protest to this, even though it may be true.

"That's not true Biq."

I heard him interrupt to correct me, but just then I realized, by the fountain of the main square, of the park, the boy from the Oz Magazine was there! It was him! Handsome as the dawn, the boy is now a handsome troublemaker.

Taken aback, quickly forgetting the point of the conversation, I had to ask Boq, to reassure myself I wasn't seeing things.

"Biq?! Do you know who that is? That's Fyero Tigelaar, that's prince who's reputation is so scandalacious!"

At this I rushed over to him, like the giddy fan girl I was. It was perfect, despite my recent sprinting, my hair was soft and shinny, my outfit was short, and cute, and the setting is too perfect! A park.

Coming up to him, I already knew what he was, a prince ready for fun, clearly after seeing all this, students with noses in their heavy books, no one nearly as lovely as me, making myself a breathe of fresh air.

"Are you looking for somebody...or someone?" Playfully pulling my hair back, with one hand, and tugging my skirt with another, sprinkled with a sweet smile, unshamefully baring all my charms to win him over.

Now looking down at me, smiling back, returned my charm with flirtatious interest. Of course right now, I'm just another girl, but what he doesn't know, is I'm that girl.

"Yes", he started looking about. "I'm looking for a History". With that Boq leaped in, grabbing his arm started pulling towards the History building, but was stopped by me. Grabbing Fyero's free arm, pulling him back, taking this opportunity to wrap my own arm around his, gleefully telling him that it just ended.

Taking my flirts with amusement, we went on talking of what we do for fun, soon like a band leader, he conducted us all into having a party, at the Oz Dust Ballroom, tonight!

Soon as plans were settled Boq, unsurprisingly made his way to express his hope to dance with me. Like an angel, Nessa came into view as my savior, this was my chance.

"Oh Boq, that's so kind, but you know what would be even kinder?!"

Turning Boq around towards Nessa I continued. "See that tragically beautiful girl? The one in the chair? Turning Boq back to me, pulling my acting skills together, I was making sure I was going to have my night with Fyero without any interruptions. "It seems to unfair, that we should go on a spree, and not she."

Innocently gesturing at poor Nessa, seeing Boq about to object, I continued in my lament.

"I know someone would be my hero, if that someone were...to go, and invite her!"

Boq taking that signal like a chum, questioned maybe he could invite her. Reacting to his heroic deed, I showed much admiration.

"Obiq? Really?! You'd do that for me?"

Placing my hand on his shoulder was the icing on the cake, as he stated that he'd do anything for me, before rushing off towards Nessa.

Impressed, and amused by my suckering Boq into bothering someone else for a bit, Fyero made his way to me. Already knowing my interest in him, as I made sure it was clear as day, suggested he'd pick me up at eight. Walking me back to my dorm building, like the prince he is, we already expressed were perfect for each other.

He's shallow, I am popular, he's got the statues, I've got class, it's too obvious we're perfect for each other! He may be toying with me, but as I've learned form my dear aunts, and ladies at those holiday parties, that we are women. We get what we want.

Skipping my way up to my room, I could hardly contain my joy! Diana, and Ashley fallowing behind, giggling with laughter. Soon within my suit, they help me get ready, and look perfect for Fyero. Of course for them being such good friends, I'll generously let them barrow some of my stuff for the ball as well.

Looking through outfits, to accessories, to touch up, was a battle plan. I was determined to make sure Fyero would be left with no choice but to ask me to be his girlfriend.

As I graciously showed off myself, Ashley found something I'm too embarrassed to admit.

Swearing them to secrecy, I confided in them about my Grandmother always sending me the most atrocious things.

Far within my closet isn't solely for my brother's things.

Expressing my predicament Diana and Ashely grinned most mischievously to each other. "Yes you do." They said on sync. This was their response to my remark of unable to give it away, that I don't hate anybody that badly.

Thinking to for a moment, the realization hit me.

"Oh no I couldn't!" I protested innocently.

"Yes, you could!" Again in sync. Smiling like foxes.

Just then Elphaba came into our room, announcing she and Nessa were just talking, as Diana and Ashley fled to a far of the room, where accessories needed to be chosen.

Interrupting Elphaba as this was an opportunity I couldn't resist. Perfect revenge for taking my spot in the magic class, Madame Morrible refused me.

"And I was just talking about you, I thought you might wanna wear this hat, to the party tonight?!"

Displaying the hat for Elphaba to see, her expression was no surprise. Hmm, even she can see what it is. Keeping up this fares, I insisted it was the latest style. When really it's just an awfully designed hat. Pointed top end, black, ragged looking, unhelped by the faded purple flower pinned to it.

Elphaba just stood there, looking down at it, as I quickly handed it, if not shove it into her hands, as I sprinted away where Ashely and Disna where.

Looking over my shoulder as I made my way across the room, Elphaba wore an expression I couldn't make out. It was odd, I felt uncomfortable by it. Quickly letting myself get lost in excitement of the ball, and Fyero. I was not going to let that witch ruin my night.

Possibly ten minutes went by, when Diana sighed, expressing her relief that the Cabbage wasn't there. Looking around, I saw she was right. If she hadn't said anything I wouldn't have noticed. Elphaba sure can be quiet sometimes, and I hated it. The one time she isn't talking usually ends with her scaring me or someone else.

Honestly, what a witch, it's like she step right out of one of my Story Books back at home.