Childhood Friend - Jinyoung

Y/N's POVーNeighborhood

He will be back.

My childhood best friend will be back.

Park Jinyoung. My beloved childhood friend ーand my first love.

Jinyoung was a new neighbor that was moving next to my house. At that time I was 3 years old. At first we met because my mom asked me to meet my new neighbor.

I did what she said because she said there was boy that was my age. And since then we're friend.

We were going to the same school. We go to school together and going home together too, especially knowing that our moms were used to be friend back then.

I remembered it clearly, when I was in primary, one of my friend asked me, "Y/N, are you Jinyoung's girlfriend?"

At that time I literally have no clue what is it like to be in relationship, so I just say yes. My thought was couple relationship basically means the closer version of friendship, even know that's somehow true, tho.

After that, at home I tell it all to Jinyoung when we played together.

"Stupid, being couple means later on you'll marry with that person, just like what your mom and dad, and my mom and dad did," that's what Jinyoung said.

At that time, I smiled innocently saying, "It's okay, Y/N would like to be Jinyoung's wife!"

After that, the only thing I can remember is Jinyoung said I'm stupid with his face that was reddish already.

I really love Jinyoung. I like him. I like when he asked me to play. I like when he cheered me up when I cry. I like when Jinyoung buy me foods. I like him. I love him.

But apparently, when we were going to high school, Jinyoung moved.

He left me.

I was so sad at that time. I cried the day he moved. I hugged him really tightly, and he hugged me back saying, "I'll meet you 5 more years in the park behind our school, at the same day."

And after 5 years he will finally be back.

Tomorrow, exact 5 years after Jinyoung moved. Tomorrow I'll meet him at the park. Tomorrow I will meet Jinyoung.

***

It's been more than an hour since I wait in this park. He's still not appearing himself. I was really desperate wanting to call him, but I don't have his number.

Did Jinyoung forget his own promise?

I feel tears starting to flow down through my cheeks. I have never experience something more hurtful than this. My hand against my chest trying to remove all of this hurtful feeling. I cried even harder. I bow my head and keep wiping my eyes so the tears will stop flowing.

"Jinyoung is really dumb, hiks."

"Who are you calling dumb, huh?"

I lifted up my head.
I cried even harder when I see the person that all of this time I have been waiting standing in front of me.

"Jin, hiks, ーyoung."

"Hey, what's wrong?" Jinyoung squatted trying to look at my face.

I stood, while wiping my tears. Jinyoung stood too.

"I've been waiting for you for a long time."

Jinyoung immediately hugged me. I can't hold my tears anymore. I cried while hugging him, making his shirt all wet. My feelings were so overflowed.

"It's okay, I'm here now."

"I miss you, Park dumb Jinyoung."

Jinyoung laughed, "I miss you too, Park dumb Jinyoung's girlfriend."

"Since when did I become your girlfriend?" I let go of my hug from him.

"Since you confess it in grade 3. You even said want to marry me," Jinyoung smiled teasingly.

"Dumb."

"But you love me right," I pinched his arm.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry, my girlfriend."

"Jinyounggg," my cheeks are both burning.

"Wow, Y/N, you're blushing!"

"Jinyounggg, that's enough."

"I'm not joking, Y/N. I'm being serious. I want you to be my girlfriend, I love you, you dumb." Jinyoung change his voice into a serious tone.

I smiled, "I love you too."

"So are officially a couple now?" Jinyoung laughed. I nodded while throwing a soft glare to my beloved childhood best friend.

"But I obviously do not want any long distance relationship," I stared at Jinyoung.

"I've told you, I'm home. I'll stay here until I'm going to university, so chill." Jinyoung patted my head making my hair messy and pull me into his hug again. I hugged him back.

"I miss you, Y/N. And I love you so freaking much."

"I miss you too. And I love you more."

At first I thought this was just one sided love and thought Jinyoung won't come home.

I was so hopeless but I don't know why I have no interest in other boys. It's been years but my heart could not let him go.

And he's back.

He's mine now.
.
.
.
.
.
Next? Vomment juseyo~