Eros Part 4

[NOT PROOFREAD]

Three weeks back, it started on that fateful day when all the drama happened. She remembered getting up from the bed slowly and how much things have changed!

She had got the call from her father to rush back home. Her father, the ever loving, pampering dad any child would envy her, but the strong astute businessman to equal with her lovely and beautiful mother. She was lucky to have her parents, the naughty little brother, cousins, such a big family, she thanked her stars. Everyone was heartbroken that day when she made it home to hear the news of her broken engagement that was due for next week.

Among the cries, accusations and all other sad events followed including her dad breaking all ties of his company with the prospective groom, it was decided that her wedding will take place at the chosen date and her father promised her what he had told her many times before. Her happiness.

It was beyond comprehension but that evening turned more confusing when she saw the family she had known since childhood showed up with an alliance for her out of blue with a person she never remembered even seeing at the family parties.

This time her father had decided that she will make the decision not him or anyone else in the family on behalf of her. And he arranged the space and time for the two persons to discuss and decide their future that night.

They both sat down at the balcony, she obviously nervous at the turn of the events but determined to solve the mystery of this out of the blue new alliance and started talking after the fist few minutes of silence.

It continued to the next hour and her family started getting restless, her father worrying if he has put too much of a pressure on his young daughter. But he had by that time realized seeing the way she managed the break, that he underestimated his daughter who had always been par her peers and made her space in his company executives by her sheer hard work. He reassured his spouse and the rest of his family.

They talked and talked. She smiled and he was amused. They took coffee and talked more. She laughed and he chuckled. And at the end of on hour and forty minutes they came to their families to announce their decision.

He started clearing his throat looking at the crowd in front of him but she touched his sleeves and asked with a smile "May I?". His eyes gleamed and he nodded.

It was then she decided he will always give her that part in their relationship, respect.

She had finished her morning routine and was about to change moving to her wardrobe smiling at all her wayward thoughts and realized she hadn't talked to him since yesterday. Yesterday when they took that step of first date and their first kiss. Just a kiss? she asked herself and laughed. Shameless!

Looking at the mirror she inspected her lips for any remnants of their yesterday's date. She touched the lips and closed her eyes. A perfect date it was she thought. Smiling she thought to her friends teasing her before leaving for her date yesterday. They had been her close friends, the best girl friends and knew how very well it was her first date and was teasing her with tips and reminders for this novice girl who only knows things in movies.

Of course, she chuckled. She had only known about what lovers are in books and movies, more during recent years when she moved to hostel for her doctoral degree. All the years spent in school and college, being the nerd that she is helped her in the successful career she is at today but fun with her friends and the freedom was different. And they all enjoyed it thoroughly.

She was glad and thankful for the long conversation her father set for her with Arnav before proceeding with anything. Although the previous alliance that was broken for shrewd business gains by the other family it never affected her since she was yet to talk to the groom who was still abroad too busy in business and also thanks to the fact that her father managed to sense the cheat and saved their company.

It was still surprising for her how they talked for more than an hour that day and Arnav was able to get her attention and finally her consent there itself. He was definitely intelligent like her father is but that's not the only factor which attracted her in the almost two hour talk. The way he listened, encouraged to ask questions and honestly took her doubts and explained his reasons for the quick turn of events and there was something more she felt when she finally decided to give it a try. But the few weeks of them talking over the phone and meeting during the family get together she had confirmed her decision was never wrong and it is for to stay.

For everything they talked and discussed and sometimes kept the phone line alive with silence talking, she found more about him. And it did total justice to what he had told her on their first meeting that he had done thorough research and and put his clear thoughts in before moving to her family with the alliance. She knew everything he said was honest and yesterday proved one more thing he had told her during the phone talks, that he craves for her. Both his soul and body. She learned the burning of his soul and body the minute she took his hands and for all the hell that happened in the car. What the heck, I loved it, she said to herself. All ready to head for the bus. And her phone sang that sad ring tone. But she smiled looking at the name and picked up the call.