Chapter One~ A Split Second

He sat on that bench everyday. Period 4. 1:30pm. everyday. no one sat with him. no one talked to him other than the teachers. until one day i was unknowingly starting at him a split second too long.

The moment our eyes met it felt like fireworks going off all around me. i instantly looked away and pretended to text my friend Liam. I looked back at him and he was still looking at me. he did a crooked smile then went back to his studies.

i exhaled and got up to wash my hands to look like i was on a mission i guess. i hadn't talked to an attractive boy before. let alone get looked at and smiled at at the same time.

I get to the washroom and i really did have to pee. i went and then washed my hands and the door opens and closes. i turn around to leave and i run into someone.

"Hey watch where your......going" i lose my words as our eyes meet. i can't move. i'm paralyzed by his gorgeous brown eyes.

"um hello? are you okay?" he asks as i go pale.
i open my mouth but no words come out, "i-uh-um-ye-"
he smiled, "okay good. didn't mean to startle you! i'm Even. Don't think we've met."

he put his hand on my shoulder and went around me. he washed his hands and took all the paper towels, "oh well i'm sorry. did you need one?".
I stood there with my mouth partly open not wanting to talk. i wasn't shy. i was feeling embarrassed. I don't know why. he snapped his fingers.
"Hello? are you okay? what's your name?"

"Isak. i'm 17."

he smiled and checked me out, "Nice to meet you, Isak," and he walked out grazing my shoulder with his.

~|~|~|~|~|~|~
I absolutely love this story. thanks for reading!