Chapter Two~ Sneak Attack

"So if the war of 1812 never happened..."

i'm in history class trying not to stare. he's right beside me. on his phone texting his friends.

"If you really wanted to read my messages, you could've just asked, Isak" he said smiling.
i look away knowing my face is beet red.

"sorry." i start writing notes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.

It was after school and i'm walking home when i hear footsteps running up from behind me. i never get attacked so i didn't know what to do so i panicked and dropped to the ground with my head in my hands.

"Isak? are you okay? what are you doing on the ground?"

i've never been so embarrassed, "sorry. i thought you were going to attack me. no one walks with me." i explained as i got up and brushed myself off.

"it's okay. do you live far? i live down Ace lane."
"uhm. i live down Ace too.."

"perfect. let's go."

"why haven't i ever seen you on my road."

Even stopped smiling, "I take a route through the woods because i like to be by myself and spray paint the trees."

"why do you spray paint them?"

he stopped walking and turned to me, "I can't express my love and happiness in public because people are so close minded these days."

i just stood there, "Wow. that's really neat. maybe one day i could see your tree art?"
he shrugged his shoulders, "i don't know maybe?" and then he jumped towards me and finger tasered my sides.

"SNEAK ATTACK!!" he yelled and jogged the other way.

"EVEN IM GONNA GET YOU BACK FOR THAT!" and i start running to get my revenge.

I follow him into a small wooded area then in a few seconds we are surrounded by thick tree trunks and brush.

panting i say, "Even?? where are we going?"

he stops and waits for me to catch up, "To paint the trees!"