Harry Potter in the Quidditch World Cup

THIS IS JUST A SNEAK PREVIEW. KEEP VISITING MY PAGE FOR WHEN THE FULL STORY COMES OUT :)

Harry woke up very early that morning in his magical tent alomgside his teammates. Harry was feeling very anxious, and even a little bit scared. After Lord Voldemort had been killed, harry had essentially become the most popular peson in the entire wizarding world. The "Quibbler" had dubbed him "The hottest hero the world has, and ever will know!" while the "Daily Prophet" had said " He sall be forever loved by every witch and wizard who has been, and who has yet to be born!". Harry really didn't like all the attention that he was getting. He just wanted a nice, quiet life alone with himself, and his wife Ginny, and their 3 children, James, Albus, and Lily. Although he had a nice, stable job as the head of the Auror department in the Minestry of Magic, and a nice house big enough for their family in Hogsmead, Harry really wanted to try and accomplish his real dream, the thing he'd wanted since he'd first been introdued to it back in his first year. The only sport Harry actually ever enjoyed playing and watching was quidditch.  He could care less for muggle sports like football and cricket that he always heard about while in the city, or watching the telly.  During his years at Hogwarts, the only thing he enjoyed other than learning magic was quidditch. He got out of bed to check the time. "9:30 in the morning!" he thought, "and i'm the only one who's up on a day like this!"  He was amazed that the rest of his team had calm enough nerves to be able to sleep this late. After all, today was the finals of the Quidditch world cup, and for the first and maybe only time, Harry was actually part of the team.  Since Harry had gained all his popularity among the wizarding world, the dying once good Chudley Cannons had offered Harry a spot on the team and a one year contract.  Of couse (after consulting Ginny) he took the offer, but with no pay. He was to play all 25 league games, then hopefully win the league cup for the cannons for the first time since 1892.  Harry played alongside Ron Weasley who had also been recruited to play keeper. The cannons ended up selling out every match and going 23-2, and defeating Puddlemere United to win the league cup for the first time in 120 years. Harry had actually proved to be a good player, the best player in fact, being awarded MVP by the league, rather than being just a puplicity stunt.  Team England had of course scouted him and Ron throughout the season and they had both been named starters on the team for the world cup.  England had been the best team in their pool and had advanced to the round of 16.  Harry had helped beat the recently dominant Canada loaded with players from the North American champions Moose Jaw Meteorites, and had smoked Germany 150 to nothing in the round of 8, Harry catching the snitch 20 seconds into the game.  The round of 4 consisted of a 551-550 upset over Australia, the previous winners.  

 THIS IS JUST A SNEAK PREVIEW. KEEP VISITING MY PAGE FOR THE POST OF THE FULL STORY :)