Chapter 24~Explaining and Eavesdropping

"WAKE UP!" I felt someone slapping me with a pillow repeatedly as I struggled to open my eyes.

"Aly, mph, I'm up, I'm up," I groaned as I tried to avoid getting smacked.

"Lissa, I have a BIG problem, and I need your help, fast," Aly insisted, tossing her deflated pillow onto her bed. Her eyes were wide and her hair was draped over her shoulder, untangled and wild.

"That's what a guy said to me last week," Penny snickered from the corner. Tessa and Callie let out peals of laughter, and I grinned. Aly scoffed before turning back to me.

"Last night, I was sooo out of it, you know, with all that fire whiskey," Tessa and I simultaneously rolled our eyes. "And I think, I'm not sure, well, I'm pretty positive-"

"Oh, just spit it out," Connie called from the corner, where she was busy cuddling her adorable white munchkin cat, Vader, who was asleep in her lap. Personally, I thought Vader sounded like the name of some sort of big bad, robot super villain, but everyone else thought the name was adorable.

Aly glared and then dramatically waited for everyone to stop talking, which made me want to throttle her.

"Just say it!" Callie and I chorused.

"I THINK I SNOGGED CREEPY CLARKE!" Aly cried out, throwing her hands dramatically over her face. "Last night! In the corner of the common room near the giant statue of Rowena Ravenclaw!"

My ancestor, I thought briefly, before my mind focused on what she had said.

"What?!" We all shrieked at once as Aly began pacing. She nodded glumly.

"Yeah," she said.

"Ew!"

"Gross!"

"How?" I asked, revolted. Creepy Clarke was a seventh year Ravenclaw with greasy hair and a crooked smile who wandered around by himself trying to flirt with girls. He was weird, and smelled a bit like old fish, which was why many people tended to stay away from him, along with other reasons.

"Yeah, how?" Connie asked, scrunching up her nose. "I mean, the only way I can think of how he to you to kiss him is if he used Polyjuice Potion to transform himself into Tyler and-"

"Stop!" Aly said, mortified. "I don't even want to think about what Tyler right now. I mean, he would hate me if he finds out, which he's not going to of course!" She narrowed her eyes at us, and we all began nodding.

"You still haven't said how," I pointed out, while pulling my hair into a side braid.

Aly sighed.

"I don't really know. All I remember is him coming over to me when I was in a horrible state of mind, and the next thing I know I wake up here with my lips buzzing, my hair a mess, and a memory of a really good make out-"

"EWW STOP!" We all shreieked.

"My ears are bleeding," Connie said dramatically, pretending to vomit on Vader, who looked mildly traumatized by all the commotion.

"There is no way that Creepy Clarke is a good kisser!" Callie announced, her eyes wide.

"Aly, I think you were just delusional. Maybe you just dreamt the whole thing," Tessa added to try and keep the peace. Aly bit her lip, looking skeptical, but suddenly I remembered seeing Aly when I had been heading out.

"Oh wait, I did see you in the corner of the common room with a guy last night, as I was leaving the party! You were laughing!" Aly's face fell, and I mentally cursed myself. "But I didn't see any kissing though."