five

hey girlypops!!

enjoy this bad boy. 💛

zach didn't want to talk to jack anymore. jack was everything he wanted and that scared him.

if he was being completely and utterly honest, he didn't want to be in a relationship. until he met jack.

jack: hey

zach: hi

jack: what's up? we haven't talked in a bit.

zach: oh i've just been busy with school and work.

jack: oh okay

zach: sorry.

jack: no it's okay. i get it.

jack: would you want to meet up sometime?

zach honestly didn't want to. jack made him break the rules he had set in place for himself.

rule number one: do not let anyone in.

zach: sure when are you free?

jack: we have a free day today if that works for you ?

zach: that's good for me 👍

jack: wasn't to go to the mall or something? maybe get lunch?

zach: sounds great. i'll meet you there.

zach set his phone down and stood up. he stretched and went to change. he quickly got dressed before grabbing his wallet and keys. he locked the door before leaving. his roommate, ava, was at work so he just left.

he got into his car and was glad that there was little traffic.

zach waited for jack at a table. he texted the boy where he was. then he got nervous.

jack sat down across from him. "hey."

"hey." zach smiled and looked down at the table.

"wanna walk around?" jack stood up and zach followed.

they had been walking around for a half an hour before jack got recognized. zach didn't know what to do so he shyly stood off to the side.

"thank you so much jack." the girl smiled and gave him one last hug.

"of course."

zach looked at the floor. jack noticed and wrapped an arm around zach's shoulders. "you okay?"

"yeah that was just awkward for me i guess." zach shrugged.

"it shouldn't happen a lot since i'm just by myself."

"it's fine. it really is."

jack wanted to get lunch so zach agreed and followed him down the street.

zach was sort of in his own world and lightly singing to a song that was stuck in his head. jack looked over at him and smiled.

"you have a great voice you know." jack lightly bumped zach's shoulder.

"oh um not really but thank you." zach had never been good at receiving compliments no matter who the person was.

"have confidence in yourself."

408 words

let me know what you think. 💛

- cassandra