twenty two

hey girlypops!!!!

this is pretty sad because i'm sad so i'm sorry. 💛

slight trigger warning.

i love you and i hope you enjoy. 💛

it was a few days after jack got back but he was in another meeting.

zach was bored though.

he was at jack's apartment since he spent the night last night. he decided that he should probably go home though so he gathered his stuff and left. he ordered an uber and went home.

he started doing some laundry when his mom called him.

"hi mama. what's up?" zach held his phone between his shoulder and ear as he sorted his laundry. he frowned when he heard his mom sniffle. "mom? what's wrong?"

"zach i'm so sorry." myta cut herself off with a muffled sob.

"mom what's wrong? just tell-"

"your grandpa died."

zach's heart stopped. a lump formed in his throat as tears formed in his eyes. "w-what- mom- no- that's not true- you're- you're lying."

"z i'm so sorry. i know how close you guys were." myta's voice was shaking. and she wasn't lying. zach and his grandfather were as close as they could get. after everything that zach went through his grandpa called him almost every night and helped him relax so he could sleep. when zach started getting better it kinda went down but they still talked all the time. they had talked just yesterday so this was a surprise.

"no- no- he didn't! i just talked to him!" zach let out a sob as his hands shook.

"sweetheart you need to calm down. you're having a panic attack." myta was now worried.

zach dropped his phone and it landed in the laundry basket. zach grabbed his crutches and we left the room. he didn't get very far before he broke down. he dropped to the floor and leaned against the wall. he buried his head in his hands as sob after sob left his mouth. he banged his hands against his temples before lacing his fingers through his hair and tugging on it.

"no. no. he can't-"

zach pulled himself off of the ground and went to his bedroom. he dropped his crutches and limped to his dresser. he pulled all the drawers open searching through them. he let out a scream of frustration when he couldn't find what he was looking for.

"goddamn it ava!" he knew she went through his stuff and took them. he didn't bother to close the messy drawers as he walked out of the room, using the wall as support, and went into ava's room. he opened her closer and reached around the top. he found the box he was looking for and grabbed it. he quickly opened it and pulled what he needed out. he dropped the box to the ground and walked across the hallway to the bathroom. he pulled his sweatshirt over his head and dropped it to the floor.

he picked up the small object and held it tightly between his fingers. his vision blurred with tears as he thought about who helped him stop. "holy shit."

zach didn't care anymore. he didn't want to get better. he didn't want to be here. he didn't want to do anything. he was over it.

tears streamed down his face as he moved the piece of metal across his forearm. he didn't stop until he couldn't feel his arm. he cried out as he leaned forward and gripped the counter. he buried his head in his shoulder and covered his mouth. he just couldn't stop. he couldn't stop the tears.

zach choked out a sob as he slapped the counter. "fuck."

he ran a hand through his hair and blinked his eyes. he felt dizzy and nauseous. he gripped the counter and leaned forward.