Chapter 6-The Offer

"Thought your message stated was," I made a double quotation sign with my hands to emphasize "When your ready, come and find me." I said sarcastically.

He just relaxes on the coach and smirk. I roll my eyes and crossed my arms.

"But ironically, your now the one who came to me?" I slouched on the couch.

"My P.I told me, that you are one of the Undefined aced hackers."

I frown at him. What is he trying to say? Does he know me? I slide my hand through my hair.

"So I tested you, if you can track my trace, but unfortunately, you haven't." I found a hint of proudness in his voice. I think? And if there really was, he's hiding it. I hate mysteries. They're such an ass of work.

"And what if I did? What if I caught you?" I said dead serious this time.

"If you have, then I would be impressed, I'll hire you like the rest. But you'll have freedom and I won't fire you, of course, I would still have my backups for precaution." He talks business all right. Just strange.

"What do you mean you won't fire me? Even if I slack to the rest of my life?" I said incredulously.

"You saved my life. I would like to repay you by this. Freedom. Money. And a change of identity."

Tachibana's Point of View

Childish as she seems. But she's deadly sharp. I never thought that the mere stranger who sat beside my table would be my saviour and protector. There are only a few who would dare to challenge and defy me. Of course, this one's an exception. She lacks breeding and training, but never the less, her skills in hacking and tracking out levels an amateur, I can see potential and determination. Her banters are so amusing, when she tried to trace my whereabouts; my hacker was impressed of how accurate she is, little did she know, that everything was planned. If not, no doubt, she could have exposed me.

They sparred for three whole days. She can never win to my boy in Japan, he has everything; she lacks. The thrill she gave me and my trusted ally at home, can never be compared with others. Even with her innocence and ignorance, she's trying to outshine the darkness. I am in awe of her.

She doesn't say a word. Instead, she move her elbows on her knee and burries her face with her hands.

No one seems to talk for a while, so I decided break the heavy silence.

"I would like to adopt you." I said in the most earnest way I could. I don't know how to work with her, without getting the leash. I hope she understands that I want to train her as my own.

Nicole's POV

"You're joking right?" I hear JR say beside me, but I'm damn to concentrating on the pros and cons in my brain. This might be my chance of a lifetime. There's no going back when I agree. I know for sure.

I lift my heads up and see if this is true or not. He pulls a phone from his pocket and gaze directly at me.

"Unfortunately; I don't." he said with seriousness in his voice.

If this is a dream, please wake me up. I don't want to raise my hopes up and diminishing it again.

Its an offer that I can never ask for more. Tempting, but I need to find what the reason beneath this offer.

Sigh. In a world of make believe and reality. This; is heavy.

- Decisions , decisions.

-------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short update guys, having a big problem at school yesterday. Well, hope you like it! :')