MDIA [Ch. 2]

My Dance Instructor's Assistant

Previously: "This is my nephew, he's going to be teaching here from now on and I asked him if he'd want to assist me with the team, luckily, he accepted," Mrs. Holt announced with a grateful smile on her face towards her nephew. "I definitely see a lot of talent," Mr. Wilson added on as his eyes moved down the line and landed on me. . "Desiree...last year...doesn't...but...good...win...no," I sighed and stopped trying to strain my ears to hear. I should've known this was all a waste of time as soon as Lisa walked through that door...

Chapter 2

The next day in school was a drag. All I kept hearing about was the new teacher and how hot he is and how he's the dance assistant and blah blah blah. I can't lie, he is extremely sexy, but come on ladies! He's a teacher for crying out loud! All the female students are jail bait to him! Speaking of age, how old is he anyway?

I was in my train of thought, during lunch when my best friends, Sophia, came and sat down. We usually sit outside, but today it was rainy so...yeah. "Have you seen the new teacher?" she whispered, as if it was top secret.

I nodded my head. "Yep, he's gonna be the dance assistant for Mrs. Holt," I answered with my nod.

"So he was at the solos yesterday?" she rushed. I looked at her. Sophia is a very pretty girl. She has blond hair and blue eyes. But she's not the cliché, stuck up, 'I'm better than you' blond. She's more of the down to Earth blond. She doesn't really speak her mind unless when necessary.

I, on the other hand, am her exact opposite. I speak my mind, I usually point out the obvious in situations, and I'm shy to an extinct. I'm not the first one to talk to a stranger, but I'm not going to hold my tongue if you say or do something that I don't approve of.

"Yes," I answered her question simply. She squealed.

"Oh my God! Is he gonna be there after school today? Because if so then I'm definitely coming to cheer you on!" she asked excitedly. She may be shy, but there's no denying she's boy crazy. Well, in this case, man crazy. I laughed and shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know. I think so," I answered honestly before the bell rung.

We both got up and threw our garbage away and said our goodbyes, since we have different classes. She has Piano class while I have Dance in Mrs. Holt's class. See, fifth period is our electives period, so you could pick whatever you wanted to be in. Sophia picked piano, which she has absolutely no idea how to play. Well, I take that back, she can play Mary Had A Little Lamb and...that's it.

When I walked into the auditorium, I saw everyone already on stage, so I quickly put down my bag and ran to join them. Mrs. Holt started teaching us a warm-up exercise for the rest of the period. I actually had fun; the exercise routine was very helpful and easy.

The bell finally rung and I was off to my last class, History. Ugh, there's nothing more boring than talking about an old dead guy that did something memorable and generous years ago. But, there's one good thing out of this class, Sophia! I walked in and saw her sitting in the middle of the class, front row, precisely in front of the teacher's desk. She motioned me to an empty seat next to her.

I eyed her strangely. "Why are we sitting in the front?" I asked her slowly. She didn't say anything. Her smile just grew wider as she tilted her head towards the door. I turned to see what she gestured to, only to see Mr. Wilson walk in with a black binder in his hand. He didn't seem to glance up at the class until after he wrote his name on the dry erase board, walked in front of his desk, and looked over the crowd of students.

"Good afternoon everyone," he greeted with a friendly smile that showed his dimples.

"Good afternoon," the class said in unison.