MDIA [Ch. 7]

My Dance Instructor's Assistant

Previously: "Oh my God! I can't believe I made it! OH MY GOD!" I shouted again. "You said three judges, so that means Lisa voted for me," I stated. "It's just so out of character for her. We hate each other," I answer with a shrug. "Why?" he asked. I looked at him. He seemed interested in my answer to that. I felt confused. How the hell did Lisa NOT put a giant 'x' on my name? I couldn't shake the feeling that Mr. Wilson had something to do with it. How the hell did HE get HER to vote for me?

Chapter 7

I eat the sausage and biscuit Mr. Wilson gave me as I walked into the auditorium where Mrs. Holt's class with a gigantic smile on my face. It had to be permanent because no matter what the topic, I couldn't take it off.  I didn't even disappear when I saw Lisa wait...Lisa? What the hell is she doing here?

"Hi Lisa," I say with a smile on my face as I walk towards her after I threw the trash away. She's standing at the front of the stage. I remembered Mr. Wilson saying that I received three votes. I smiled more, even though I still don't like her, I guess I could be nice. But knowing her, none of her decisions happen without a price.

She turned to me with disgust. "This isn't over little girl. I'm gonna make your life a living hell," she quoted to me. I laughed. She eyed me suspicious and asked what I was laughing at.

"You! Haha! Trying to be all threatening! Haha! It's ridiculous!" I say in between my laughing. She opened her mouth to say something but Mrs. Holt came rushing in yelling.

"People! We have a crisis!" she announced eagerly, catching everyone's attention.

I hopped onto the stage to where my legs were dangling off the edge. "We have a game today and the original mascot is sick so he can't perform. The principle has asked me to see if I could get one of you to be the mascot for tonight's game," Mrs. Holt spoke. Everyone sat silently and looked around the crowd of classmates. No one wants to be the mascot; it's like the worst position ever.

"Come on guys, it's just for one game," she pushed. No one said anything.

"Why don't Desiree do it. She obviously loves the spotlight," I hear Lisa say from across the room. All eyes landing on me. I glare at Lisa as she sends a devious smile my way.

"Why don't you do it Lisa? Since you obviously have nothing better to do then return back to high school since graduation," I suggested. There were snickers coming from around the auditorium.

Mrs. Holt looked to me. "Will you do it?" she asked. I shook my head.

"Sorry, but I...I'm not good at portraying...wolves," I made up a lame excuse. Yes, our school mascot is a gray and black wolf. Trailmont Wolves.  Mrs. Holt shook her head this time.

"All you'll have to do is pump up the crowd. No one will even know it's you. It's just for one night," Mrs. Holt pushed again, and this time I knew I couldn't refuse.

I sighed in defeat and nodded my head. What the hell is wrong with me? No, scratch that, what the hell is wrong with Lisa?! Why is she even here? Shouldn't she be in college or something like tha? Why the hell is she pestering me? I did not join this team just to me a freaking mascot. I turned to look at her as she's talking to someone girl she hung with last year. I shook my head and started stretching for the warm up exercise.

I was more than relieved when I heard the bell ring. Any longer in the same room with Lisa and my hand would've "accidently" made contact with her face, Lord knows it's pass over due. I grab my bag and head to my locker, Sophia's waiting for me there with a huge Chuckie Cheese smile on her face. I laugh at this.