Chapter 2: Help me

Yoongi stared at the young man sitting on his couch with sympathy. He hasn't said a word beside the ones he mustered up in the hallway and Yoongi was not about to rush him into telling him what was wrong. If he is still the same Jungkook that he knew back then he will tell him when he's put it all together in his head. For now, he was being as supportive as he could by just sitting next to him and rubbing his back.

         "I guess I should start from when I left." Jungkook muttered, rubbing his face.

         "I'm listening." Yoongi urges.

         "You remember my dad? How uptight and secretive he was?" Jungkook asks. Yoongi nods and respods, "Yeah, it wasn't just him that was secretive." He didn't mean for it to come out as an accusations but Jungkook couldn't help but feel hurt by his answer. He quickly brushed it off and put himself in his friend's shoes. Of course he would feel hurt if a friend would keep a part of his life a secret after being so close. He cleared his throat before continuing;

          "I know I know but hear me out: I don't know how much of a shock this might be but he's actually some kind of gang leader. The loyalty he has towards the members scares me. To the point where I know that he would do anything to prove to them that he doesn't even think about double-crossing them." He swallowed hard, anticipating the next part.

           "He promised them another addition as capable as him. Someone to take his place if something were to happen to him.." He trailed off, hoping that Yoongi would get what he was getting at.

           "An heir. You.." Yoongi finished for him, staring at the center table in front of them. The gravity of the news weighing on his shoulders.

            "I ran away, hyung.. I don't want that life. I don't want to become one of them. I don't want to become him." He was sobbing now, his shoulders trembling as he let out his cries. His friend brought him into him, hugging him tightly. A mixture of anger and sadness filled his entire being as the young man sobbed into his t-shirt. The hatred he had towards his dad grew in intensity. It was one thing to keep your kid from spending time with his friends but it's a whole other deal when you swear an oath on your sons life. He didn't know how powerful this gang is but he knows its no life for a twenty-one year old. That's a world meant for someone who has nothing left to lose and no other choice. That's a world full of hitmen and life or death situations. Not suited for Jungkook.

            Sure he was much older now but to him and to the rest of the guys he will always be their baby brother. He couldn't let him do that to Jungkook. They wouldn't let him.

           "Jungkook-ah, look at me," He slapped his cheek softly to get his sobs under control and to listen to him, "why don't you just sell him out to the cops?"

           "I'll be dead within days if I did.. that's if they can even find him." Jungkook whimpers. "I don't know what to do, Yoongi.. if I step foot outside I'm as good as dead."

           "Hey, we'll figure it out. We just need to get our heads together and we'll think of something." Yoongi presses, a small smile tugging at his lips.

           "Yoongi we're not trying to get away with cheating on a test in high school. This is trying to get me out of becoming my dad. It's dangerous. I can't ask you guys to put your life on the line for me." Jungkook rambles, running his hands through his dark hair in despair. Yoongi scoffs, "You really think that I'm gonna let you deal with this on your own? Yeah right."

            "I shouldn't have come, now you're in danger."

            "No. You should have come. We're gonna figure out something. In the meantime, you're staying in the apartment across the hallway." Yoongi states, the authority in his voice coming out.