Chapter 3: He's Back

"Have a good day!" Taehyung smiled brightly as he brought ChungHei's closer by the shoulders and placed a brotherly kiss on the top of her head and ruffled her hair with his large hand.

"Oppa! My hair already looks bad." she pouted but smiled nonetheless.

Before she got out the car she turned to her older brother, a glint of hope shone in her dark brown eyes as she smiled sheepishly at him. A thing she tends to do when she wants something. Taehyung stared at her, waiting for her to spit it out.

"Whatever it is you want say it now before you're even more late than you already are." Taehyung finally said.

"Can you pick me up an hour before I get off? Jungkook is back and I don't want to look like I just crawled out of bed.." she trailed off.

"Don't you always look you crawled out of bed?" He teased. That earned him quite a hard smack to the arm as his little sister narrowed her eyes at him.

"I'm serious.."

Taehyung chuckled at her reaction but thought it was cute how she wanted to look cute for Jungkook. She didn't need to try though. He knew Jungkook would be beyond happy to see her whether she was in her work uniform or in her favorite pair of jeans. He and all the guys knew that Jungkook had feelings for ChungHei and they all secretly hoped that he would grow some balls and tell her. But that was up to him.

"I was going to pick you up two hours before, dummy. Make sure to tell your boss." He says and rushes her out of the car. She waves goodbye to him as he drives off before entering the coffee shop, a huge smile plastered on her face. She walks over to the front counter and clocks in.

"What has you all smiley?" Elody asks, her eyebrows raised in amusement.

"Wait, let me guess," She says before ChungHei could explain, "You're going to leave early so you can go see Jungkook?"

ChungHei smiles even wider and nods excitedly. A small happy squeal erupts from her and Elody squeals with her. It's been a long time since she's seen her best friend as happy as she is now that her potential boyfriend is back. The girls have been the closest of friends since middle school and knew each other like the back of their hands. Elody knew how deeply the black haired girl cared for Jungkook and how much it hurt her when he fell of the phase of the earth. Although she held a grudge against Jungkook for leaving so suddenly and for taking a piece of her best friend with him she knew she couldn't hold it against him. Like the guys, she knew that there was more to him leaving and that he wouldn't forget about them so quickly. Much less Chunghei.

ChungHei's eyes gleamed with hope, bringing her hands up and cupping them together while moving them up in down. "Sooooo.. is it okay? I'll work over time I promise!"

Elody's eyes narrowed jokingly already knowing that she was going to allow her to do so anyway, she just enjoyed seeing her beg like a puppy. "Your best friend isn't the General Manager for nothing."

The ravenette threw her arms around her and squealed a chorus of 'thank you's' in her ear while she hugged her tightly. "You don't have to thank me. We're closing early today because I want to see him too. I missed the little shit." Elody commented, a chuckle escaping her lips. They let go from their hug and got to work. ChungHei going back to brewing the house coffees and Elody going into the small kitchen to bake some cookies. Both of them anticipating until closing time came so they could get out of there.

A few hours into their shift the phone rang loudly through the empty coffee shop. "I got it!" ChungHei announced as she speed walked to the phone hoping that it was just a customer asking what their coffee special was for the day. Though the only thing that they served was coffee drinks and desserts, she did not feel like taking an extensive order that will put them behind in their closing duties.