Chapter 1: The Rift

(Omnipotent – a word meaning powerful to a great or excessive degree)

Will gazed upon the rift, the beautiful swirling galaxy of the Nightmare Realm contained in the snow globe shaped unit. His smiled in amazement and wonder, the contents reflected in his blue eyes as he reached for it,

Take it!

Break It!

Free Yourself!

The magic shouted at him and mingled in his mind like an overlapping song, annoying and loud "Will you shut up!? I'm doing it already!"

Do it!

Smash it!

Drop it!

Will picked up the rift, his fingers trembling, this was it! His freedom was a broken rift away! He could finally use all his magic! 100%!

"William, put that down, right now" Ford ordered, his cape swishing as he came to a stop at the Labs entrance, the stones steps winding up behind him. Will turned his head to look at him, shaking a little at the fact he had been caught, but he held his ground, "You mean this?" he asked, pointing to the rift in his hand.

Ford nodded.

"You want me to put it down?" Will asked, glancing at the floor,

Ford's eyes widened once he realized his mistake "No!" he said hurriedly, putting out a hand as if to stop him,

"An orders an order, master.

Will dropped the rift and it came crashing down, shattering into pieces. Bits of glass spreading everywhere and glittering in the dusty dim light like diamonds. There was a fearful silence and then a huge flash of light erupted from the broken glass, and splattered galaxy. Beaming upwards and blowing a hole in the ceiling to reveal the darkening world outside. Wills eyes glittered in the light and he raised his arms with a smile, stepping into the beam.

The glowing blue chains around his arms and neck shattered, and his small body glowed. The magic in his head laughed as his full power was finally free.

The ground shook and lightning crackled in the sky as it turned a blood-red, time stopped, the impossible became possible and Reverse Falls burned.

Will's body was lifted up, glowing brighter and brighter, a loud hum all around. Ford blocked his ears, still staring at his former servant. After a few painful minutes the glowing dimmed and Ford could finally see what was going on with Will as he uncovered his ears.

Will's outfit had changed, no longer wearing the servants uniform, he was now wearing a blue cloak with the hood down. Black triangles decorated the hem as it floated around him. He had a plain long white turtle neck shirt underneath and plain white pants; he had boots the same colour as his cloak that went up to his knees and were patterned with black triangles. The laces ending at the top in a neat bow.

Ford stepped back as all of Wills powers suddenly burst free in a flash of light. The demons hands flamed up with blue-white fire, much different from the yellow he usually had. Lightning crackled and danced over his body mixing with the flames when it neared his palms, and making his blue hair stand on end.

He opened his eyes with a snap, bright glowing orbs of blue light that shone like cars headlights, and his mouth split into an unholy Cheshire cat grin, filled with sharp pointy teeth. They looked more at home on a shark than on Will, "Aren't you scared Stanford?" the demon asked, pulling up the hood so that all you could see were those glowing eyes.

Ford was frozen.

Will floated down in front of him and poked him in the chest, "All that suffering you caused me, now I could kill you with snap of my fingers" he said, holding up his fingers as electricity jumped between them.

Ford stepped back again, "How about we have some fun?" Will asked, floating back a bit. He put out his left hand, the fire and lightning forming to create a sword of pure energy. Ford swallowed thickly as Will swung it experimentally, his glowing eyes glaring at him angrily, "Run Rabbit run."

~

Stanford ran through the forest, heart pounding, lungs burning, and an angry, power fueled demon behind him. He could hear his laugh, echoing through the forest. Trees disintegrated, creatures burned. He could hear screams, both of pain and terror as he sprinted through the undergrowth. His cape caught on a branch and he unclipped it, leaving it behind.

"Run Rabbit run rabbit, run run run, here comes the demon with his gun gun gun..."

Ford hurried on, Wills creepy singing getting quieter as he went faster.

Once he thought he was alone he took a breather next to a tall pine tree, looking around wildly as he heard sticks break and birds fly off in fright, "Where's my rabbit?" came Wills voice. 

Ford pressed himself against the trunk breathing hard "Here bunny bunny bunny!"

Will suddenly appeared in front of him and pushed him up against the rough bark. The demons hood falling off as he floated above him just slightly, "There you are! Don't you want your carrot?"

"C-Carrot?" Ford asked, horrified by what he might mean,

Will held up a small glowing dagger "Well it's not really a carrot, but you do deserve it for running so far" Will said, stroking his cheek with it. He brought it down to Ford throat and the man looked up at him with fear laced in his eyes, 

Will chuckled and slit his throat.