Chapter thirteen

•Chapter thirteen•

Jimin carelessly let his feet dangle in the cool water by the lake, a place he had once been before with his father to visit the royalty

Jimin carelessly let his feet dangle in the cool water by the lake, a place he had once been before with his father to visit the royalty. The air was definitely less colder than the water, mixed with the fragrance of jasmine. It made his heart feel at peace, something he barely felt for the past few weeks. The silver haired prince glanced down, catching a perfect view of what was under the water. Normally, he would've seen many hues of brown and grays, untouched stones. But the world he was breathing in at the moment wasn't any normal like his own. Of course considering how close yet so far away the two worlds were, Jimin somehow felt home whenever he breathed in the cold air.

Buildings, people and even his own castle stood under the crystal clear liquid of the lake. You may wonder, had Jimin been living underwater for the past years? The prince thought as well when he saw the view for the first time. But through his father he learned there was indeed a world above him but not on land, but up in the blue sky. The lake was a barrier, a wall, a single line which separated his world and Jimin's.

"Should have informed me that you were coming." A man, appeared to be in his mid twenties but spoke as if he was thousand years older, sat cross legged next to Jimin, watching the majestic view of the sun setting. "Namjoon sounded urgent so I wonder, what's the matter?"

Jimin released a small laugh and shifted his eyes to the man, someone he knew since birth. The prince studied his features and realised quite a few had been changed in a small amount of time. Instead of neat blond hair, the man changed it to purple, which was lustrous and alluring to look at. His dark brown eyes changed its colour to silver, matching Jimin's hair. His face however remained strong and well defined and his usually playful smile had drawn into a hard line across his face, signalling he was being serious.

"Didn't know you hid my mother and still acted like my big brother." Jimin ripped his gaze off the man, throwing a pebble into the lake but it fell right into the human world. "I thought we do share our secrets. But I had who I wanted right under my nose the whole time and you, Kim Seokjin, never thought of telling me."

The said man, Seokjin didn't speak a word and let Jimin continue. "I came almost every month to visit you and you've seen me in my worse states. Yet, haven't you ever had the need to tell me that my mother is with you somewhere in this damned world? You hid her from me all the time because of what? Afraid that I would kill her? Seokjin, no matter how much I want to or how many times I've told you that I would find her and kill her one day, never did I ever mean it. I can't kill my own blood no matter how worse my curse is."

At this point, Seokjin had never felt worse in his life.

"Jimin, listen to me." The older one pulled the prince into a warm hug. "It's not you I'm worried about. I know that you would never hurt someone. You wouldn't even hurt a fly. Why would you think I'm hiding your mother from you?"