Prologue

I refuse to let them take me- the whipping winds, the churning oceans...

They try to engulf me and raise me to the opening heavens, up and away from the darkness and damnation that lurks behind each corner. They try and try and try and...

Fail.

The darkness they so fear rises above and out of me like a skeletal bird in flight. It's peircing red eyes seep into their very beings and stun them into nightmarish daydreams that could scar even the toughest of men.

And I merely watch from where I sit on the sandy shore, knowing well that I cannot escape it. It is my past and my future, my life and my death, the only thing keeping me away from the golden gates of heaven.

The unearthly ones reach out but can never touch me and I sit and laugh as they retreat into the clouds and leave me to be with my darkness, my brethren, their shunned monsters.

As the heavens rumble and close once more, the beach darkens past the black of night and into a state of nothingness.

We roar in victory and celebrate in our small universe of nothing. Each of my pack whoops and splashes their blood onto my feet in praise.

We of the fallen angels, rulers of where we choose, whether it be Earth, Hell, or where we are now- a place in between- celebrate another of countless victories against the Heavenly beings that consistently strain to pull us back to the judgment of Him.

We will not go. We will not die. We will never surrender.