Prologue

Prologue

It was a inky night; the only objects illuminating the sky was the full moon, and the splash of stars dotting the pitch black sky.

I had always loved going star-gazing and learning about the stars, moons and planets.

It was about ten at night, every night at nine-thirty, I would always sit at my bedroom window staring at the night sky, gazing at the moon and trying to spot any stars, and constellations with my telescope.

"Ethan!" My mom yelled." Its bedtime! Go to sleep!"

"Ok mom!" I yelled back.

I crawled into my bed and tucked myself under my NASA comforter. Soon I drifted off to sleep.

'Where am I?" I wondered.

I take in my surroundings. It appears that I am on the moon, which appears to be slowly morphing into a cookie. I look down at myself and see that I'm in a space suit, and when I look back, there's a space shuttle.

I woke up with a shock. " I'm going to be an astronaut."

20 years later.

I'm driving home from work after a long day. I got my dream job of being an astronaut, and working at NASA which I foresaw. I now have a family, which consists of my wife and my two children.

I parked the car on the driveway, and as soon as I step into the house, I am ambushed by my seven-year-old daughter Clara, and my five-year-old son Derek.

I suddenly see a pair of hands covering my eyes.

"Guess who?" She said flirtatiously.

"Hmmm I don't know... who is it?" I said in a playful tone.

"It's me you, dimwit! Who else?" She exclaimed, smacking my arm.

That's my wife Jennifer, we've been happily married for ten years. I feel like I'm living in a dream, with a perfect wife, perfect children, and a perfect job, I can't see how anything could go wrong.

"Daddy turn on the news you gotta see this!"