Chapter Three

Hey everyone! So sorry for not updating for a while! I'm the worst updater and I will not be on an updating schedule! I'm soooo sorry!!!

Since it was Molly's first day as a waitress, she got up earlier than usual and got washed up and made her way down to the little cafe area. Jason and her left at about the same time, him for the internship.

Molly busily worked all day, taking orders, scrubbing dishes, and baking hot cakes. By six thirty, she was completely worn out, but happy to get back to Jason. She walked into their small apartment room, removing her shoes and rubbing her aching feet.

Jason came up behind her, wrapping his arms around her small torso. "Molly, we need to talk."

"Alright, just let me sit down." She took a seat in a rocking chair beside the window. "Now, tell me."

He sighed, scratching behind his ear. "I don't think you should be working there."

"Well, what do you mean? Where else am I supposed to work at?"

"No, I don't mean there in particular, I just mean that I don't think you should be working at all."

This angered Molly. "We need the money, Jason! And you can't take a job because–"

"I can take a job!" He interrupted her. "I can take one on the weekends. A good paying job, so you don't have to work. I can provide for you."

"Oh, I see," she said, standing and placing her hands on her hips. "This isn't about me. This is about you. You and your pride!"

"Molly–"

"No, I get it. You think that since you're the husband that you must provide the money. You think that women shouldn't work. Women belong in the kitchen. They aren't to be seen. Is that your state of mind, Jason Walton?"

"No, I–"

"Well I've only one thing to tell you, and it is that I will continue working there, and that's that. End of discussion."

She marched out of the small bedroom and into the second room, the washroom. Soon, there was a faint knock at the door. "Molly. I'm sorry," Jason said.

"Good. You should be."

"Please let me in."

Molly reluctantly twisted the knob and let him in. "I was wrong," he said, bringing the small girl in for a tight squeeze.

Molly gave a sideways smile. "Remember when we had one of our first fights?"

"Of course! You wouldn't talk to me for days! All because I didn't pick you in kickball," Jason laughed.

"It wasn't a laughing matter at the time," Molly pouted, then giggled.

"And I pick...Jim Bob," Jason said.

"I guess that leaves Molly with me," Ben said, motioning for her to walk over to his side.

Molly was furious. Jason, her best friend, hadn't chosen her? How could that be? She honestly wasn't all that bad...But it hurt her feelings knowing that he had chosen little Jim Bob over herself.

The game went on, and Jason's team ended up winning. This angered Molly even more. Because he hadn't picked her, she'd lost the game too!

Molly stormed home without saying "good game" or "goodbye." Jason came over, but she made her mother tell him that she wasn't home. This behavior went on for two straight days.

Finally, Jason came over on the third day, and Mrs. Mayfield forced her daughter to go outside and play with him. Molly wouldn't talk, but when he finally asked her what was wrong, she had blew up at him.

"Jason Walton, you no-good best friend! You call yourself my friend, but you couldn't choose me for kickball? I had to be on stupid Ben's team! And we lost! All because you didn't pick me!" Her yellow hair contrasted from her red face, so she looked like an angry tomato in a haystack.

Jason apologized once he figured out what she had been on about, and that was that. He chose her for every kickball game since then.

"You overreacted too much," Jason said.

"I was eight!" Molly retorted.

"That's no excuse," he said, walking back into the bedroom.

"Mhm hmm, whatever," she said, then leaned in and kissed him.

Again, soooo sorry about the long wait!! If you liked this chapter, leave a comment and vote pls! Thx so much!