Chapter thirty-two: The Celebration

Lizzie knocks at my door with a huge smile. She gasps as she look at me in my dress. "Oh my god, Alexa." It takes her a while to fully come into the room. We decided to get married at the Mikaelson house. The same place her mom got married and the same city her aunt got married in. It didn't matter to me. As long as Hope is happy.

I giggle a little while looking from Lizzie to my beautiful white dress. It flows perfectly at the bottom and the top hugs my waist comfortably. Never in a million years would I guess that I'll be getting married, but Hope Mikaelson changed me.

Lizzie walks up to me with a shocked look. "Did Alexa Mikaelson just giggle? Oh my. What have Hope done to you?" We both laugh and I turn back to my mirror focusing on Lizzie calling me a Mikaelson.

"Alexa Mikaelson...it sounds nice, don't you think?" Lizzie nods at me and lays down on the bed. "It's crazy. A month ago, Hope proposed to me. I guess it didn't really hit me until now."

"You're not getting cold feet now are you?" Rafael walks into the room with a black suit and a white rose in his pocket.

Landon comes in after him. He's wearing the same thing as Rafael but the opposite. "Don't tell me I'm wearing a suit for nothing."

"Oh my god, no. At the end of the day, I'll be Alexa Mikaelson married to Hope Mikaelson."

Lizzie, Rafael, and Landon stare at me with huge smiles. All three of them look so proud of me. It warms my heart, so I stand up and hug them. In the middle of our hug, someone catches my eye.

Brian stands at the door with a necklace. He waves a little to me with a sad look.

"Brian?" Everyone turns to look at him and than to me. They give us a little nod and start to head out the door. It's just me and Brian now. I'm afraid that he's going to beg me not to get married or tell me that he loves me. I'm terrified because this day doesn't need to be ruined.

He wouldn't do that though. I've known Brian for a year now, but we didn't talk much at school. It's been kind of awkward for us, so we just stay out of each other's way.

Brian walks behind me and places the necklace around my neck. He walks in front of me and smiles. "That's a congratulations present...from an old friend."

I look from the necklace to him. A huge part of me so grateful and happy that he didn't ruin today. On the necklace there's a small heart and the gold in it shines a little.

Before even thinking, I hug him so hard. "Oh, Brian. It's beautiful." He smiles a little while pulling away.

It must not be easy for him. I couldn't imagine watching Hope marry someone else so it must be the same for him. He nudges my arm a little with an awkward laugh. "Go get 'em tiger. I'm heading back home." I want to ask him to say, but realize that he must've been uncomfortable.

Rafael and Landon walk into the room and grabs each of my arms. They smile at me and give me a small nod. Their look means so much to me because nobody else could walk me down the isle. My parents are dead and my sister is dead. They're not even here to watch me marry the one person I'm destined to be with. 

Had they not been here, I don't think this would've been a so great day. My focus switches from my pathetic life to the task of today. I'm marrying someone who has stuck by my side through the very worst of me and still loves me. For that, I'll always love Hope. She's truly my soulmate.

There's a quiet symphony of music playing in the background as the room doors open. Everyone stands up and looks at us while I walk into the room. As soon as my eyes meet Hopes, everyone and everything else seems to just fade away. Nothing else mattering to me in that moment.

Kol is waiting next to Hope. He smiles from me to his niece. A smile forms on my mouth and my breath seems to fade away. It takes everything in me not to cry, so I just stay smiling.

Rafael and Landon bow as I'm walking up the small steps to Hope. We join hands and turn our heads to Kol. He nods and allows us to say our speeches.

"Alexa, you're the first person in a long time who made me feel happiness. Before you came to our school, I felt alone. You became the person who reminded me of what happiness was like. Ive never been one to believe in fate, but we're destined to be together. I mean, you gave me the greatest gift of all." Hope turns to her parents and uncle. They all smile at her with tears in their eyes. "I love you, Alexa."

"I love you too, Hope. You're the first person to believe that I could change which means so much more than you realize. After everything I put you through, you never gave up on me. That's not the only reason why I love you though. You were the first person I turned to after losing so many people because I trust you and love you."

Kol clears his throat and bats tears from his eyes. "That was so beautiful." He turns to me. "I'm thankful you helped my little jailbird find happiness and in the process you found happiness." Kol turns to Hope and they exchange a playful smile. "The stubborn, mean Mikaelson is capable of finding happiness. Well, I guess there is hope for us all."

Everyone starts to laugh at Kol's joke. After people quiet down some, he starts to talk again. "I now pronounce you wife and wife." There's a loud sound of cheers as me and Hope exchange a kiss. We turn to the crowd and start to cheer along with them.

In the corner of the second floor, Brian stands looking down at us. I smile at him with a wave and he does the same while clapping. He disappears into the darkness and the celebration continues.