Lost chapter: Smash mansion part 2

The Fighters that Don't Fight

After a long period of traveling, the pair finally made it to the train where the fighters will be taken to the mansion. Nobody questions why they take a special train, but that doesn't mean they haven't thought of asking. Everyone gave an excited 'hello' or 'hey'. The pair gave equally happy 'hello's'.

Kirby noticed a few newcomers, for example, a large purple dragon in another car, seemingly alone. Another would be a rather round crocodile brandishing a red cape that connected around his neck with a blue gem, and a crown atop his head, and is surprisingly next to the big dragon. There were about 11 newcomers, each one surprising Kirby- as he never saw them before. They were very excited, of course, and gave a loud or excited 'Hello!'. Except for the dragon, King crocodile. The dragon looked at Kirby as if he was planning the pink boy's murder, and the crocodile looked at Kirby and Meta with a condescending smirk.

'What's with these guys..?' Kirby thought and internally questioning why they were there.

"Two more stops until we get to the mansion!" The person over the PA system says, very clearly so everyone can hear and understand.

"I wonder who's left..? Then again, I did see a lot of newcomers. Though, not as many as we saw at the fourth tournament." Kirby notes, still looking around.

"Indeed, there are plenty of new fighters, but I hear that the 2 stops are actually of a special kind. We are, apparently, not going to see the last two fighters very often in the arena." Meta Knight says while they keep moving to find an empty seat by going to different cars, surprising Kirby with the last thing he said.

"Huh? Why?" Kirby asks, curious as to why they would be fighters if they won't be fighting often.

Meta Knight, oddly enough, shrugs. "It is the hands' choice, but I am as curious as you, Kirby."

They finally find a seat in an almost empty car and sit down. Kirby thinks for a moment and then speaks up.

"So, are we ever going to... see them?" Kirby asks, looking up to a monitor on the wall to see how close they are to the next station.

"We are going to see them, outside of battle if that's what you meant, just not in battle. Or, rather, not often." Meta concludes, answering Kirby's question in a way that made him stop speaking.

---

After about an hour of the train rushing on the track and inconsistent chatter, they finally made it to a retro looking station with a small brown pot waiting. Kirby, as childish as he usually is, runs to the window closest to the door.

"Is this one of the special fighters? A pot...?"

Meta Knight gets next to Kirby and points a bit farther to the side of where Kirby was looking.

"Wait... Is that-?!"

"Yes. That is Piranha Plant." Meta Knight calmly replies, before sighing. "I heard from Peach that there was another fighter from her world. It took me a while before I could think of an acceptable result from her claim."

"As usual, you always think ahead..." Kirby sweatdrops.

Piranha Plant gets on the train and disappears from sight.

"How odd... I wonder who the last person will be, Meta!" Kirby says playfully as they get back into a seat, talking with the other passengers about the new plant.

"Last stop until we get to the mansion! We are almost there!" The PA person says excitedly.

"Now I'm even more excited! How about you? Are you curious too?" Kirby pokes at Meta, practically jumping up and down in his seat.