ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

-ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ ᴛʜɪs ᴀᴛᴛʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴀ ᴛʜɪɴɢ-

Mark sighed and looked down at the file that he was holding. The black cover reflected his face and he smiled at his own beauty. Realising that he just called himself beautiful, he shook his head and then looked back up at the people around him.

He had been looking for a job, so he applied at random companies that accepted his qualifications. Mark had studied at a good university, and he had gotten decent grades. But after his sister lost her job, he had to quickly get a job to pay for the rent. His parents had died years ago when he was still in high school, but he didn't let it affect him, instead of using the loss to gain motivation to work harder. After their death, Mark's sister took responsibility for all the bills and never let anything stop her.

But when she got fired for not agreeing to do inappropriate things with her boss, she broke down and was unable to work, too stressed and emotionally unstable. This lead to Mark having to take care of his shattered sister. It was hard to see her like that, but she was also his strength. He wanted to make her happy.

"Mark Lee?" A man walked into the waiting area, where Mark had been seated, and called his name. Mark stood up immediately and turned to the man. And he was shocked. How was a simple assistant so good looking?

"Uh, yes that's me," He managed to say, forcing his eyes to stay on the guy's face and tried his best to not look down. Ever since the one time he accidentally zoned out whilst staring at Renjun's boyfriend —resulting in the massive bruise on his back— Mark learned to never look down.

"Come with me," Mark followed the man towards a big glass room. The man knocked on the door and when he heard a muffled voice from inside, he opened the door and gave way for Mark to enter. "He's here."

Mark watched as the assistant left the room, closing the door gently and then he turned his attention to the person sitting at the desk. He had his head on the table, and his blonde hair was sticking out from places, you could almost see his natural hair showing from the roots.

"Uh... Sir?" Mark asked, cautiously moving closer as if trying to not wake him up if he was asleep. The person on the desk groaned and then looked up, he squinted when he was met with the bright light of the room.

"Age. Name. Qualifications. How annoying are you? Do you smoke? Do you like ice cream? And phone number," The person, who Mark had now recognised, said holding up a piece of paper and kept his eyes closed. "Write it down here and then leave. I'll tell you if I want to hire you afterwards."

Donghyuck then put his head back onto the table and drifted back to sleep. Mark stared at the paper for a few seconds but then decided to write down what Donghyuck had asked for.

Age: 21. Name: Mark Lee. Qualifications: Got a 1.2 in uni, had work experience at a restaurant, the one we met at. Annoying? I don't even know the word. Pretty sure you know the answer to this question. Also, I love ice cream. Phone number - xxxxx xxxxxx.

Mark laughed lowly at the paper and then placed it next to Donghyuck's head. He then watched as the boy tried to blow some strands of hair off his eyes, but failed, so he scrunched his nose and whined.

Mark then softly reached out and took the hair out of his face. He then looked at the Donghyuck's tanned skin, which glowed because of the sun rays, and his small nose. His eyes then wandered down to his lips, and Mark immediately snapped his head away.

Stop it, Mark.

He thought to himself and quickly put his file on the other pile that was besides Donghyuck. He then tiptoed towards the door and quickly left, trying to make as little sound as he could.

As he turned around, the assistant he had met earlier greeted him again.

"You finished that early?" The assistant asked, brushing his hair back and looked over Mark's shoulder, to catch a glimpse of Donghyuck sleeping.

"Yes, I uh, didn't want to disturb him any further," Mark answered, fidgeting with his fingers as he waited for the male to move from his way.

"Alright," The man said, moving to the side to allow space for Mark to pass by. "Also, if you join the company, I'll help you around."

Mark smiled at the man and nodded. Not only was this guy good looking, but he was also nice. Mark walked past the guy and quickly glanced at the name tag he had on his shirt.

Yukhei/ Lucas/ Xuxi

Mark raised his eyebrow at this, and the guy noticed. He laughed a little and then pointed at his name tag. The guy began to explain the reason why he had multiple names on his tag, and then finally told Mark that he could call him Lucas, as everyone else called him that.

"Well, nice to meet you, Lucas," Mark said, as the smile on his face widened. Lucas replied with a 'same', and then Mark made his way towards the elevator. As he stood in it, he looked up and realised that there was a small board, talking about future plans. There was something about modelling and then Mark looked closer and realised that one of the models was Lucas.

He then smiled, understanding that since the company had all of these different branches within it, people were obviously going to be working in multiple work areas at once. So, Lucas was Donghyuck's assistant and he was also a model.

Mark nodded to himself, feeling that he understood the company a bit more and then felt his phone ring. He pulled it out and read the caller ID. It was unknown. He frowned and then put the phone to his ear, answering the call.

"Hello?" He said, in a questioning manner. The person on the other call cleared their throat and then spoke.

"Mark Lee, how are you?" Mark instantly recognised the voice and smiled.

"I'm great, Lee Donghyuck, what about you?" Mark said, walking out of the building and glancing up at it a couple of times. He opened the door to his car and got in.

"I'm good as well," Donghyuck replied. There was a small silence between the two, and Mark put the phone between his ear and his shoulder. He then heard Donghyuck take a deep breath. "Also." Donghyuck paused again, and Mark stopped halfway through doing his seat belt and waited. "Come to my office at 8 am tomorrow, you will begin work from then on."

Before Mark could react, the Donghyuck hung up the call. Mark sat still for a few more seconds before finally fixing his seat belt. He then put his phone on the side and started the engine. Mark looked back at the building one last time before driving out of the working lot.

He always gets the last word.