No more boys in my life

Roli POV:

I was coming from school collecting my mark sheet...

I saw my neighbor coming on the road towards me...

Yes.. he is son of my next house...

I used to treat him as brother only and he treats as sister as well...

On seeing me with the mark sheet he stopped on the way...

'Roli.. you got your mark sheet...'  he asked...

'Yes Sunil brother... i got it.. just now collected from the school...' i replied...

'So what is the mark???   i know you are studious...' he asked...

'I secured 85%...' i replied with a smile...

'Oh Good.. Congratulations...' he expressed and forward his hand to shake with me to congratulate...

I too forward my hand and shake with him...

'So what is your further plan...' he asked...

'I am planning to take science group.. but my father is telling to take commerce.. just thinking...' i replied...

'Ok.. Take whichever is ok for you as its you who is going to read & it will be difficult for you to like some subject and study something else...' he explained...

'Yes... i need to decide.. anyway.. bye...' i said and started walking towards my house...

When i opened the gate and tried to enter..i saw the Aunty of our area who is in opposite house of our street & she is expert is gossiping...

I wonder what she is doing in our house now...

Seeing me she just waved bye to my mother & went from there...

When crossing me she turned her face as if i am a criminal and she is not interested to look at me...

I wonder on her action and continued to walk towards my house...

When i entered into the house.. my mother followed me...

'Roli.. what you were doing in the road...' she asked...

'Mom... what i did.. i didn't do anything...' i said...

'Roli.. dont tell lie... did you talk to Sunil on the road???' she questioned...

Now i understood what that Aunty was telling my mother...

'Yes mom...as he asked about my marks..' i clarified...

'What is the need to tell about marks to him... moreover in the road itself...' she asked...

'Mom.. he just crossed me on the way and when he ask me what is the mark.. how can i dont reply.. he is our neighbor...' i clarified...

'Roli... Even in that way.. why he was touching you???' she asked giving shock to me...

'Touching me!!! what are you talking mom.. he just shake hands to congratulate me.. nothing else...' i explained...

'Roli... are you mad??? Didn't i tell you multiple times not to move with any boys.. not to talk to any boys... specially not to touch any boys...' she shouted...

'Mom... you are talking as if i commit some mistake while i didn't do anything mom...' i said with tears...

'Roli.. this is the last warning for you... Remember i wont tolerate all these talks anymore... You should understand the fact that we girls got restrictions... now that Aunty have seen you with him and telling there is connection between you both as you both were talking holding hands in the road... If this news spread to others too.. then who will marry you.. Everyone will tell bad about your character itself...' she listed the problems which i may encounter just because i talk to that brother...

'Mom.. please understand.. i didn't commit any mistake...' i too shouted in irritation...

She just slap me nicely...

I was standing speechless holding my burning cheeks...

'What sort of habit is this shouting at elders... this same will continue even in in-laws house.. if you cant tolerate my talk then what you will tolerate with your in-laws & husband... If you shout at them like this remember they wont keep you in their house for single day... behave properly...' she shouted and went inside giving angry look at me warning me very hard...

I went to my room and jumped to my bed...

I caresses my cheeks which was still burning...

But more than that the words i heard was hurting me more...

What mistake i did???

Is it a crime just replying about marks i have taken to someone known...

Did i commit any other mistake other than this...

Why i am fired for such small thing...

Is talking or touching a boy is such big crime in this society...

I decided i wont touch any boys in my life...

Not even touch..but wont even talk or see them...

What i got in talking to them or seeing them or touching them...

Just these harsh words and harassment...

I wont.. i wont for sure...

No more boys in my life...

Why boys alone... i am not even going to let anyone touch me...

Tomorrow i may get restriction for that too...

Let it be.. I will restrict myself from everything...

I decided & got up ...

I went to kitchen where my mother was cooking...

'Sorry mom... from now on.. i wont talk or see or touch any boys.. why boys.. not even girls.. but dont shout at me... i wish at least i can do all these with you...' i said and hug her tightly...

'Roli... i am not intend to hurt you... but this is our society.. here everything is not seen by others as the same... you are telling as just told your marks & he congratulated... while that Aunty is taking it differently... Thats why i said you.. i am sorry.. for slapping you.. but i was tensed on that Aunty words against you and showed that anger on you...' she said caressing my cheeks...

I only cried on her shoulders... while she caress my back to console me...