Chapter Eight: Meeting Jerry Baynard

Sebastian's P.O.V.

Today I met someone that I wished I hadn't. 

I had heard about Josie's threats from a sixth grader who had overheard their exchange, and so I was running outside to greet Fayre in front of the school, when I saw her with... a boy.

Jealousy immediately seared up in the back of my throat. Pursing my lips, I marched with pride up to the pair.

"Fayre? I heard about what happened with Josie. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Fayre's face paled at the mention of Josie. She gave a quick nod and looked away. 

The boy, whose arm was draped around Fayre's shoulder, immediately turned her to face him. "What happened? And who is this Josie girl?" He asked, venom dripping in his voice. He had a thick French accent.

"Nothing happened, Jerry. I'm fine," she murmured, looking away. 

"No, look at me." She stared up at him. The way looking into his eyes made her breathless made me want to throw up at their feet.

"I want you to trust me. Please, what happened?" He murmured, brushing her cheek with his finger. She tried to answer, but nothing came out of her mouth. I cleared my throat. 

The two of them jumped as if remembering that I was still there. Jerry cleared his throat in turn and said,

"Bonjour, my name is Jerry." He stuck out his hand. I shook it briefly, my lips tight. 

"Nice to meet you, monsieur," I said sarcastically. "I'm Sebastian. Now come on, Fayre, we have to get to class." I grabbed her hand and started pulling her towards the school.

"I will see you this afternoon, Fayre?" Jerry called. 

"Yes! Bye Jerry!" She said, grinning and waving. I pulled her inside. 

"Who's he?" I said.

"Someone I met at green gables," she said, looking dreamily into the distance. "He's handsome and charming and sweet and amazing...." I gagged subtly. She didn't notice.

Snapping out of her trance she smiled at me. 

"We have English first. Let's go!" 

I followed her silently, my hands itching to strangle the life out of Jerry Baynard if it was the last thing I did. 

Hope you guys liked the chapter! I wanted to develop this love triangle a little more, so you'll be getting a lot of pleasant/unpleasant surprises.... be prepared!

Xoxo,

SnowQueen