Ch.1 Primadonna Girl

(Listen to the song while reading this)

There's not much to complain about when you go to the Sauveterre School for the Gifted and Talented. Problems that occur in the school aren't the school's fault, but it's attendees. Let me explain. In SSGT no one has to wear uniforms, you get to decide your own schedule( before school starts of course) and your bodyguards are allowed to follow you to classes (which pleases the parents of the students that go here). However, this school caters to a specific group of people, rich people. And we come with many problems. I would know since my mother founded the Wanderlust tech company and have found myself in many situations in which I've been taken as a hostage, or for ransom. So when dangerous events happen at SSGT it's not their doing but we can't help but be a little disdainful toward the poor school.

"Trouvaille, why aren't they coming back?" Nova asked. She was referring to our bodyguards who had been called outside and hadn't come back. It was minutes after they'd left that we'd heard the intruder alarm go off and were moved to the back of the classroom. Though no one had told us so most of us knew this wasn't a drill.

Nova had a habit of pulling the holes in her lace dress when she was nervous or afraid and right then she had just about ripped the hem apart by pulling the lace so wide. I wanted to comfort her, I wanted to comfort the entire class but I really didn't know what to say.

We weren't supposed to be scared. But, as I said, our bodyguards weren't with us and with a few hundred rich kids in one building there were a thousand reasons people may want to hurt us. And tensions did more than build when 3 people burst into our classroom.

 They had the average villain outfit on, some type of black cloak and a dark mask that covered their whole face leaving a small opening for their mouth. I  knew from experience that cloaks did nothing but hinder movement, but at the time I wasn't sure how that knowledge would help me.  " Get out your phones and call your parents, if they don't give us 1/5 of the money in their bank account you won't live to take over the family business," One of them sneers. We start getting our phones out of our bags before I remember something my grandmother told me, 𝘉𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨.  

My grandmother was a strong Muslim woman from Pakistan who had shipped herself and her daughter across the ocean to California. She taught her daughter that she could do anything and her daughter, my mother,  started a world-renowned tech company. The lady taught me much the same things: to be brave and strong because as the Urdu proverb goes, Saanch ko aanach nahi or Pure gold does not fear the flame.  And so without paying any mind to how careless I was being, I stood up.

And that's when 4 boys entered the classroom (dressed pretty strange, probably for mobility, not vanity). The first that entered the room had serious, and strangely gray eyes and he nodded to the rest before walking into the room. The second that entered had a wide grin I didn't understand. The third looked gently, determined as he walked in and the last boy drifted in lazily. The second one through the door smiled and then stepped in front of me. This ticked me off. His smile said, Your knight has come to save you like I was some damsel in distress.  Like he wanted me to fear the flame and just sit there. Well, they had another thing coming. I may have been a classic rich girl, but I couldn't step down. I couldn't just let strangers fight a battle concerning my classmates, my friends.

But the fight was over before I got the chance to assist in it. Before I knew it the 3 people that had held us at gunpoint asking for money were on the floor unconscious with their guns kicked off to a corner of the room and I was just standing through it all. I heard the siren of police cars as officers burst into the room.

                                                                             °•. ✿ .•°

Hours later the police took us in for questioning, the boys too, and our parents came to take us home. Our bodyguards had been found in the basement of our school knocked out and bruised but fortunately nothing worse. We didn't know who had told the bodyguards to go outside but the fact that they were ok reigned people's interest. 

"Dear, come on. We're going home. You must change out of that dress, it's practically in tatters!" Exclaimed my father. The dress was slightly dirty, and my shoes were scuffed but nothing was in tatters. 

"Wait, may I see if my friend is ok first?" My dad's forehead creased but he nodded.

Why did I lie? What exactly do I want to do? I wondered frantically. But I knew the truth, I lied to go ask the boys if I could become like them, and I lied because I wanted to be strong. Strong like they had been, like my grandmother wanted me to be. Like pure gold.