Seeing Blind pt. III

https://archiveofourown.org/works/14383884

By: zedi

Chapter 3: I was young, my heart was always on the run, But you make lovin' fun, I never knew it could be.

Harry's POV

"Jesus H, did you go off and bond when I wasn't lookin'?" Niall greets him with when Harry visits one afternoon. "Smell like you bathed in the guy's come or some shite. Not to mention what your neck looks like!"

For his part, Harry only pinkens a little. Confident though he may be in himself and his body, he still can't help blushing at the thought of being actually bonded. Like a kid who's fine with holding hands but the mere thought of kissing makes him cover his face. "Hi Niall, nice to see you too," he grumbles under his breath as he pushes into the irishman's flat.

"I'm only saying Haz. Have you seen yourself? You didn't come here straight after or something, did you? Thought we agree after last time that I don't appreciate it." Closing the door behind them, the beta settles back in his worn chair across from the sofa Harry perches on himself. "Looks like you got mauled. Possessive much?"

"It's not like he could see how many hickeys he was giving me," Harry huffs, crossing his arms and sniffing primly. He feels...defensive, in a way, not comfortable with Niall bad mouthing Louis. Even indirectly. "And his scent is simply stronger than average, so kindly fuck off."

"Couldn't see- how could he not see what he did to your neck?! I'm serious Haz, he all but gave you a claiming bite!" When Harry raises his eyebrows at Niall with a unimpressed air, the beta waves his hands around wildly. "Why are you looking at me like that? I'm just saying, I thought it was an agreed upon thing to not bruise up your rut partner like an animal?"

"He's blind, Niall, he honestly couldn't see how many he was leaving or how dark. Now will you please drop it so we can get on with the evening? If I wanted my mum to worry and fuss over me I'd go visit her instead!" Harry's voice is sharp, body pulled taunt and jaw ticking.

"Oh." Niall's voice is quiet, startled, and they sit in silence for an awkward moment. Then the beta is standing to round over to the couch, plopping down and cuddling Harry against his side. "So, you had a good time?"

Harry shoves at him with a huff, but welcomes the snuggle with an embarrassed grin. "Sorry, didn't mean to yell. And yeah, he was...actually the best I've spent a rut with? His hands , Niall, they were everywhere! " the omega sighs dreamily, laughing along with Niall when his friend begins fake gagging and reaching for the remote.

"I don't wanna know! Time for movie night!" Niall crowes, navigating the telly to the movie channel. "It's Nick Sparks all night long, don't ever say I don't love you."

They spend the rest of the night in easy comfort, Harry quoting Rachel McAdams word for word when The Notebook starts and Niall cackling when the omega insists that they're birds too.

Harry puts his thoughts about Louis on the back burner, not ready to analyze why he's so eager for the month to fly by.

The thing is, Harry didn't plan to sleep with anyone during the month as he waited for Louis' next rut. He'd made a rough estimate in his head, even looked up the effect of patches like the one the alpha apparently uses on the schedule of ruts. Apparently, it helped to regulate the occasion to strict, reliable clock work, so Harry's estimation should be on point.