8

The next morning I woke up to everyone going to Kelly's soccer game.

"Hey c'mon aren't you coming?" William asked giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Yeah let me just go change" I said running upstairs and throwing on leggings and sweatshirt. At the game we sat on one side taking up a whole section of bleacher. The opposing team across from us.

In the middle of the game they started chanting. Jimi stood up "now put your hands up in the air and wave them like you just don't care. And if you think that Kelly's the best let me hear you say oh yeah"

"Oh yeah" we all responded while waving our hands in the air. William and I looked at each other laughing.

"Go Kelly go Kelly the other team is" Jimi started pointing to Michael who responded with "smelly"

Jimi continued "they're quaking like they're"

"Jelly" Harry yelled.

"We got sisters from"

"New Delhi" Marisa and Bina shouted.

"Go Kelly Go Kelly, the other team is smelly, they're quaking like they're jelly, we got sisters from New Delhi" we sang.

William, Dylan, Phoebe and Christina walked away. I stood up and joined them.

"Okay phase two. I think we just need one more big thing to push them over the edge" William said.

"Catch you and Phoebe together?" Dylan proposed making me push him.

"Is this what you guys have been planning?" I asked and they all looked at the ground.

"Okay catch you and Phoebe together" Dylan said looking at Christina.

"How about they catch me with my hands around your neck" Phoebe said.

"Listen the commandant's coming this weekend. They have to go to the trustees' dinner, and Mrs. Munion has the weekend off" William said

"Ahhh two words par-ty. Party" Dylan said

"It's a perfect idea because mom won't care and Frank is going to hate it" Phoebe said. Christina and William looked hesitant.

"Uh no I can't I still have to make a million of these posters for the election" William said.

"Yeah for what the class of '59. You couldn't get elected hall monitor for this" Dylan said drawing on it with his sharpies.

"Imagine this in a 3 color spray paint" Dylan said displaying his doodle.

"I know a graphic design printer" I said making William smile.

That Monday at school we enlisted the help of everyone in the house to spread the word and pass out flyers to help William.

"William you've got a great chance of winning this" I said making him smile. He gave me a kiss before holding my hand and walking to the bus.

Later that night I came home from a jog to find a full on high school house party going on at the light house.

"What the hell is this?" I yelled to Jimi. He was dressed in a suit collecting money at the door.

"Hey Laney cool party right?" He asked but I ignored him pushing through. I sprinted to the kitchen looking for a drink. I found a jug full of juice drinking a few cups before reentering the mob scene.

As I pushed my way through I started to feel light headed. "Hey Laney you okay?" Harry asked

"Yeah I'm fine I just feel lightheaded" I said stopping to try and regain my focus. My vision slowly started to blur.

"Hey are you okay Harry came and found me" William said looking at me.

"I had a few cups of the juice in the fridge what did you guys put in it?" I asked

"We didn't make juice" William said looking concerned. He dragged me to Dylan who was playing with his band.

"Dude there's beer here and Laney's intoxicated by some juice people brought" William said

"Don't look at me I just wanted to break our parents up not go to jail" Dylan said. William again dragged me through the crowd of people. My feet slowly started stumbling over each other.

We came up to Phoebe and Christina. "Guys what are we going to do about this?" William asked when all of the sudden a whistle blew.

"Will everyone who lives here please raise your hand. Anyone else still here after minutes will be automatically in scripted into the United States Coast Guard"

A herd of people rushed through the door.

"Kitchen. Full in" he yelled. We all gathered in the kitchen. I felt my head get woozy and my stomach start to flip.

"Phoebe, Dylan and Laney I'm very disappointed in you" Helen said.

"Disappointed is that what you are Helen? Disappointed, William, Christina front and center"  Frank yelled.

I tried holding it in when I puked all over the floor.

"Laney are you okay?" Helen asked.

I wiped my mouth looking embarrassed.

"SHES CLEARLY DRUNK" Frank yelled. Tears began to fall from my eyes. I stumbled upstairs to my room to clean myself up.

Once I was in a clean pair of pajamas I laid in my bed and called the one person I wasn't looking forward to talking to. I called my mom.

She was going to call me today to let me know she was promoted to a higher position in the project. That also meant she was staying longer... a few months longer.

So I decided to arrange for me to finish the school year in Beijing. It wasn't ideal but I knew I wasn't going to be welcomed here after what just happened.