VHA: 1

Its been months since that encounter and I think everything is smooth... or so.

"Tabby?"
Bumukas naman ang pintuan ng opisina ko at dumungaw ang ulo ng sekretarya kong ilang taon na ring nagtatrabaho sa akin.

"Yes Ms. V?"

"Naibigay na ba ng Council President ang report ngayong buwan?"
Kumunot naman ang noo nito na parang inaalala ang isang pangyayari.

"About that Ms. V, I was informed by Ms. Venerancio that the report will be submitted via email. Shall I forward it to you?"

"Yes please and Tabby..."

"Anything else Miss?"

" I want you to set a meeting between me and the directors and a meeting between the council. If the schedule is packed... can you find a way to squeeze it in? The meeting will be quite important."

"Noted Miss. I'll shall inform you if it is settled already."

"Thank you Tabby. You may go."

Nginitian muna ako nito bago lumabas. Pagkasara ng pintuan ay napabuntung-hininga na lang ako.

Hindi madaling magpatakbo ng eskwelahan, alam iyon ng lahat. I have more or less than 10,000 students under my supervision. Hindi pa kasali ang mga guro na nasa sa mga isang daan at ni isa sa kanila ay wala akong kilala.

Instead na tumunganga ako ay binuksan ko na ang computer ko para icheck kung nasend na ni Tabby. Unang bumungad sa akin ang collage pic ng batch namin sa elementary, high school at college.

Nakangiti kaming lahat. Mga matang nagniningning sa walang kasiguruhan na bukas.

Mapait akong napangiti.

Mga alaalang katumbas ay tawa, pawis, luha at dugo.

Originally, managing a school was out of my list. I wanted to be an engineer but accidents can happen. Atleast I'm not a teacher.

"But you know what will happen when we'll lockdown the school Velvet! Many will panic and be confused. Did you throughly thought about it?!"

Singhal sa akin ng isa sa mga board of directors pero instead na sabayan ko siya ay kalmadong sinagot ko ito.

"You heard it clearly from the beginning Sanchez. The lockdown of the school from the outside is an experimental stage to the students to cope up."

Para namang hindi ito naniniwala sa binigay kong rason.

"Okay let us put it this way. You Sanchez has a spoiled daughter, am I right? Locking down the school prevent all the outsider to come in and it means no one and it includes you and all the other boards unless you were called. The students will only use and can get something out only what this academy can offer. This school honors the morals and wisdom and we can't just only compromise with wisdom alone. I run this school holding to that and observing the students under this roof aren't showing any of that. Yes, we have the student council who were chosen throughly to handle their fellow students but you also know that it isn't enough."

"So you see this proposal as a solution? Ridiculous!"

"Call me whatever you want geezer but this aint a proposal to be agreed. I am declaring and stating this for the sake that you are part of this school. The students will be notice once this meeting is adjourned."

The roars of complaints comes next after I said that.

Senenyesan ko naman ang sekretarya kong i distribute ang copies na pinahanda ko. Laman nun kung anong mang mangyari o mangyayari sa desisyonkong ito.

"Complain all you want but I will not falter. I believe that students shouldn't settle alone for wisdom and instant fame this school can provide. Morality as a human is a must as the world is quite lacking of that today."

I let my secretary take my place to speak and discuss the abouts of the lockdown and she was also noted that after, end it without me.

Lumabas naman ako sa conference room at nagsimulang maglakad patungo sa unang hakbang ng plano. Quite surprise how Tabby managed to arranged a meeting with the council just after the said conference I had.

Well, that's Tabby. My reliable secretary.

This day will surely be long.

I heaved a sigh as I'm infront of the room I provided to the council.

I opened it and plastered the 'game on' face I had in my younger years.

"Excuse my intrudement..."

CLAUSTIN