Chapter 6 : Awoke

Kira's POV

I did not win, I didn't. And yet here I am.

I can't breathe properly, this cloth binding my body. What is this? Bandage?

"Miss Aria, you seem to be awake a bit later than I had hoped. Your friend just left." It was Erina from my guild, she was smiling from what I can only guess from laughing too much.
"Ah, miss Erina, can you help me up?"
Her hands gently opened the bandage, setting me free.

"How are you feeling Aria? Are you satisfied, I mean you won the fight."

"Huh, oh... Wait, I won?"

Erina looked in daze, "did you not?"

"I... No I didn't."

...

I swore to never forget what I saw. I swore to never tell the tale, for it was such a horror to see. The struggle of a man to hold what was dear to him.

"No! Don't make me do this, I beg of you!"

The scent of blood was in the air, with the roaring of the Itrium and it's wielder, fighting for the light of soul.

I did not win that night. But in turn, I saw what he was. A monster? Maybe he was. A saint? No he wasn't one. But I know, he was one that saved my life.

You were never a mindless beast, were you?

...

"Then if you hadn't won, how are you here?" Erina said, taking me back from the flashes of the fight.

"I don't know, it was by sheer luck...?"

She frowned, "But that's impossible! The beast was gone, and you were the last to make it out the city alive!"

Sorry Erina, I can't tell you that.

"I don't know, well, at least I'm alive now."

I'm sure Erina knew that I knew about something. But I just can't risk it, what if words spread that I was saved by a sinner? As much as I owed my life to him, I still can't erase the fact that he too, was the one that led me here.

The tent was suddenly opened a little head peeked out, "News from the capital! I-it... It's chaos!" Erina held the man in the shoulder, "Hey! Calm down! Tell me about it." The messenger sat down, his eyes almost white, tired and panting heavily, "It's bad, it's really bad. The king, he is dead."

Father? But that can't be, he can't be dead. Only a royal blood or someone with a permit can enter the castle...

"The suspect... It was a woman in a golden mask."

But that can't be, I refuse to believe that.

"What's the matter Aria, it's a bad news, why do you look so pale?" Erina frowned at me

"I-it's her.."

"Hey! Aria! Stop it, you're not well!"

My legs scrambled on the ground, walking out the tent into the mid-day sun.

If only I had took her with me.

"Ready the ships!" It was Leo, he was preparing for his leave. "Leo! Where are you going?" He looked at me, "You are awake, I'm leaving for the capital." I stepped on the ship gate, "I'm going with you." He pulled me back and out the gate "I'm not taking an unwell caster in my ship-" "I'm going with you! It's not a request!" He stayed silent and left me alone.