Song #3

🎧

KIM MINGYU WAS SURPRISED. It was the reaction that I was already expecting so I didn't feel offended. Jun doesn't know about this yet, so does anyone in my family. But thanks to my irritation, Kim Mingyu, a guy I barely even know, becomes one of the first people who found it out before any of them could. I don't know if this is something I'll be regretting in the future, but if it means this guy would leave me alone, then it's a risk that is worth it.

    "Now you know. So I suggest you stop bugging me starting today." I say, and finally, I walk away from him.

     But as I was walking away, I suddenly heard Kim Mingyu say, "So what?"

     I stop walking, my eyes wide from surprise.

     "Are gay people criminals? Is there a rule that says gay people aren't allowed to be friends with anyone?" Kim asks me.

     My heart suddenly starts beating fast. I was so surprised by what Kim Mingyu said that my hands started to tremble. I didn't know what to do.

     I could hear Kim approaching me. I didn't want him to see my reaction, so I ran. I ran away as fast as I could. I didn't want Kim Mingyu to see. I didn't want to face a man who didn't react like everyone else does.

     I didn't want him to see...how happy that sentence made me feel.

...

"Jeon Wonwoo! Wake the-"

     My brother stops knocking midway when I swung the door open. He was surprised to see me already wearing my uniform. He thought I woke up early, but actually, I wasn't able to sleep properly at all.

     Due to my short temper, I ended up revealing a secret that I have been keeping for almost seven years now. This will be the first time I'll actually see someone who knows who I really am. And that someone just had to be the most popular student in West Bridge High.

     You must be asking when I found out that I was gay. Well let me tell you. At first I thought it was normal not to feel anything towards girls. I thought I just didn't like having relationships with anyone. I continued living normally, but then I started watching anime, and instead of getting turned on by the female characters with enormous boobs, I ended up getting excited by watching the male leads. I started becoming aware. I started feeling strange when I was with my male friends.

    Of course I wasn't always alone. I was so confused that I ended up telling a close friend of mine about it. Apparently we weren't as close as I thought because that friend avoided me and told everyone about it instead. The entire school practically treated me like an outcast, but due to my violent and serious nature, the 'rumor' mellowed down, and everyone just disregarded it. So when I moved up to high school, I decided that it was better to avoid making friends to avoid stressful drama.

     Well apparently I met Jun, but that's an entirely different story. Jun is nice to me, and I know he'll do anything for me. But that's what I first thought with my close friend back in middle school too, and I'm not risking losing a good friend just because of my sexuality. We only have a year together. I've endured for four years. I can endure one more.

     "Good morning." I greet my father.

     He was surprised to see me up so early. So not like yesterday, he was more calm and relaxed.

     "Good morning." He says back.

     I was about to join them for breakfast, but then someone honks outside our house, making me remember that Jun is actually going to fetch me today.