Chapter Six

Amanda's POV

I wake up to the sound of some rustling going in the bathroom. I stand up from the floor of my bedroom and take a peek outside of my bedroom. Looking around my house it looks like it got hit by a huge tornado. Not to mention all the bodies of drunken teenagers scattered around. why can't people manage there drinking? Mom would be so disappointed if she saw this mess. Thank The Lord she's not coming back until a couple more days.

The sound of clattering bathroom drawers, running water, and toilet flushing. All of it coming from my room.

I peek inside and see Dawn in the bathroom leaning over the toilet puking.

She probably had too much to drink last night.

"Dawny, are you okay?" I ask her as I make my way inside. She shakes her head and clutches her hair obviously having a killer headache. I come walking into the large lavatory and try to ignore the foul stench. As my heels make contact on the tile floor it reminds me of my mom coming home whenever she get home. All dressed up in her black business suit with her hair in a nice bun and the same high heels everyday. Sometimes I miss those sounds.

Remembering I have to help Dawn I start to inspect for some pain killers I keep locked in the bottom cabinets after parties.

She takes the aspirin and flushes all the waste. I have her sit on my bed and I have a seat beside her after a spray a bunch of frebreeze in the bathroom.

"Thanks," Dawn says and I shrug.

"No problem," I say. "That's what friends are for right?" She nods, and Dawn walks over to my memory wall in front of my desk and admires it.

"That kid Brian must mean tons to you." Her hand reaches out and grabs one of the pictures off the wall. It's a photograph of the both of us laughing at our thinking spot. It's a pond on the other side of the neighborhood with a perfect view of the city.

"He's something special alright." I laugh remembering how much of a goof he can be. "Do you need a ride back home or something?" I ask Dawn and guide her down stairs after I tape the picture back onto the wall.

"I go to a boarding school." She says to me with a smile.

"Really? That's cool," I respond. "Do they have home cooked meals there?" She shrugs.

"Not exactly, but could you give me a ride? Janie dropped me off last night and my phone died."

"No problem," I wave her off. I'm always happy to help anyone who needs it. "What's your schools name?"

"Ana High," Dawn says with a proud smile on her face. That name can kind of rang a bell, but I'm not quite sure what I've heard about it.

---------------------------------------------

Little short, but now we're getting into where the story really begins :) xx

SHOUTOUT TO MY CANADIANS bc why not

Posted: 11/16/14