6

TONI'S POV

I slept through most of the night. I woke up really early for some reason. I was actually really glad, that meant I could avoid Cheryl and Jason. Until...

"Hey..."

I heard it from behind me. Judging by the femininity I knew it was Cheryl. The one person I wanted to avoid the most. But I'm too nice to admit that.

"Hey Cheryl." I said nicely. "How'd you sleep?"

"Toni, you were wearing those clothes yesterday." She said, changing the subject. "You slept in them?"

"Well, yeah. I was locked out of my house so I didn't really get to grab any pajamas or anything."

"Oh. Well, come up here, I can find something for you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I am not letting you go in that. The shirt is wrinkled. Come here."

She went upstairs and I followed.

"Uh, Jason isn't awake, is he?" I asked as she rummaged through her drawers.

"No, I'm only up because I like to be there early to change into my cheerleading uniform."

"Oh, right. What time is it? Sorry, my phone is dead."

"It's almost 6. Here, try these."

She tossed a thin shirt and a pair of leggings at me, and I went to the bathroom to put them on.

"Hey, I could give you a ride if you want. I know it's early, but I wouldn't mind the company."

I wanted to say no, because she was my bully and I knew the second someone saw us together she would start yelling at me or something. But I couldn't resist her puppy dog eyes.

"Sure. I could use an excuse to stay away from my uncle's house."

CHERYL'S POV

I hardly slept at all. Partly because Jason yelled at me for something I didn't even do, but most because I kissed her! I kissed her! And she kissed me back! I have wanted to do that for months! I was in the best mood.

I got dressed and went downstairs, expecting her to be gone. But to my surprise, she wasn't. I did my best to hide my excitement to start my day by seeing her.

Her clothes were gross, not that I would tell her that. So I gave her some of mine. I fangirled a little when she put them on. My crush was wearing my clothes! God, Cheryl, calm yourself.

We were riding to school, and all she did was look out the window. She seemed lost in thought. I opened my mouth to say something, but I didn't know what, so I shut up and looked at the road ahead of me.

We got to school and it was almost empty. Of course, because homeroom didn't start for another hour.

"Wow. I have never been in these halls when they were this quiet." She said quietly so that her voice wouldn't echo.

"Yeah, it's nice. Until all of the sweaty teenagers come in and got ape shit."

She laughed. I have never heard her laugh before. I loved it.

She must've caught me staring cause she looked at me, and said "so... where do you guys get dressed."

"In the girls locker room, of course. But it's just me. The other girls like to come in wearing their uniforms, but I like to have my regular clothes just in case."

We entered the girls locker room and she sat down on a bench. I sat a few feet away from her, where my locker was.

I took off my shirt, and she looked at me, but then quickly looked away with her cheeks flushed.

I finished changing and we left the locker room. We were only walking for a minute before Hayley rounded the corner. I panicked. I couldn't let Hayley, of ALL people, know about Toni and I. So I acted fast.

I turned around and yelled in her face "For the last go damn time, snake, get out of my school before I drag out of here by your hair!"

It was kind of a weak insult, but it was the best I could do in the time I had. And she bought it (she's not very smart).

"Yeah, snake." She told Toni.

Toni had a look of confusion and fear at the same time, and I instantly regretted it.

"Sorry for the inconvenience." Toni said, looking me dead in the eye.

It was then that I realized that I messed up. Bad.

She power walked away, and all I wanted to do was chase after her, but I knew I couldn't.

"What a bitch." Hayley said.

I stayed silent.