10

TONI'S POV

It was a Monday morning. Cheryl was acting kind of weird. We hadn't yet told Jason about us.

"What's up with you?" He had asked.

I was at my locker, reading my good morning text I had received from Cheryl. Apparently I was smiling without even realizing it.

"Uh, nothing." I said, trying my best to not seem suspicious. "I just have a good feeling about today."

He gave me a suspecting side glance and we walked to homeroom.

Before I knew it, the bell rang and the school day was over. The day seemed to go by awfully fast. Thing was, I hadn't seen Cheryl all day. It was almost as if she was avoiding me. My mind started running wild, thinking things like "what if she regrets letting us happen?" and "was it all a mistake? Does she think so?" I quickly shook those thoughts out of my head and went home.

CHERYL'S POV

I was really torn. I had no clue what to do. I had finally gotten the girl I've been gawking at for what feels like forever. But it wasn't as easy as i had originally thought. Hiding it from my own brother, and the entire school?

"You can't screw this up, you finally have the girl of your dreams. Mess it up and it's over," I told myself. "but I can't let everyone at school know that I had fallen head over heels for someone, let alone a girl."

The school day went by mind numbingly slow. I hid in the girls' locker room after the bell rang for a few minutes, waiting for the hallways and schoolyard to clear up a bit before heading out myself.

I got home and plopped myself down on my bed. I genuinely had no idea what I was going to do. I guess I could
tell Toni that I'd prefer to keep our relationship private, maybe she'll understand?

Before I had a chance to think about it too much, my phone went off.

TT: Hey I haven't seen you all day. Are you doing okay?

Cher: Yeah. I guess I'm just stressed.

TT: About?

Cher: I guess I'm nervous about how people might react. To us.

TT: Oh...

Cher: I'm sorry

TT: It's okay. We can keep this to ourselves if you want.

Cher: Really???

TT: Yeah, but no more slamming me against lockers and yelling at my face. We'll just keep our distance at school.

Cher: Of course :) thanks TT 💜

I sighed a sigh of relief. I hope she was being sincere, and not just saying that. If she meant it, everything was going to be okay.

TONI'S POV

I put my phone down and tried not to cry tears of frustration. Why is she so ashamed of being seen with me? I was trying to understand, I just knew eventually I was going to throw this in her face in the distant future. And that fight will be ugly.

_________________________________

Sorry it's been forever. Tbh I wasn't really planning on continuing this story, but I checked and it has 1K READS! Ik it's not a lot but thanks so much anyways! (And as always, sorry for any typos.)