Chapter 13

Dinner went as planned, but by the time we were done eating, I was so exhausted I started falling asleep at the table. I tried so hard to stay awake and I really wanted to see this place Levi was talking about but he had completely worn me out today.

Just as we all said our goodbyes and headed to our houses, Levi picked me up again and walked me over to the ATV.

"It's gonna be loud, cover your ears love." He whispered down to me and I did as he said. 

In no time at all, we were back to the beautiful mansion and I was trying my hardest to shake the sleep so I could spend as much time with Levi as I could. But the second he brought me up the stairs, I was losing consciousness.

He gently laid me on the new comforter and sheets, and climbed into bed beside me. He pressed a button on a remote that closed the windows over the glass wall so the sun wouldn't wake us in the morning.

"I'm sorry I'm so sleepy," I grumbled into his muscular chest. I was curled up to him, practically laying on top of him trying to steal more of his body heat.

"It's okay baby, we had a very tiresome day," he laughed softly, rubbing his hands up and down my back. "Go to sleep beautiful, I will be here when you wake." He leaned down slightly and placed a sweet kiss to my forehead.

I returned his kiss to his neck, and quickly got comfortable again. Within minutes I was drifting into blackness.

~~

I was standing on the edge of the water again, but this time the location was unknown. I was on a beautiful island with beautiful women walking all around me. They were dressed in pieces of torn cloth that barely covered their beautiful bodies. I glanced down at myself and I was dressed similar, but my clothes were noticeably more expensive and luxurious. 

I had bracelets and rings covering my hands and arms and layered necklaces around my neck. The jewels shimmered exquisitely in the sunlight and I caught myself staring deep into the emerald and topaz colors.

A young girl walked up to me and handed me a basket of little vials, each labeled and had tied with a different color ribbon.

"The potions you asked for, goddess." She bowed slightly to me. Goddess??

"Uh, thank you.."

"Josephine." She answered and smiled greatly as I thanked her. I took the basket and started walking towards the old building in the center of the island.

All of the women walking around me bowed as I passed them, staring at my confused look. Some returned the look as if my behavior was not normal but I just kept walking.

As soon as I entered the building, I saw a man sitting in the corner of the room, tied to the post that was supporting the ceiling. I set the basket down and walked over to the bound man. His head hung low and his long dark hair covered his face.

I gently reached out to him and removed the hair so that I could see who this man was.

"Levi?" I asked, shocked at my own words.

His eyes burst open and he lunged his body towards me screaming and fighting against the ropes. I instantly went to untie him and as soon as his bonds were broken he lunged at me.

"What are you doing?!" I screamed as he tackled me to the ground. He was on top of me, holding down my body. His hands went to my throat and he was squeezing the life out of me.

I was clawing at his hands begging him with my eyes to release his grip on my neck, but all he did was squeeze harder. I could feel the hot tears streaming down my face but no sound was escaping my lips.