Chapter 16

As we were getting dressed, I noticed the scratch marks on Levi's back.

"So, if you're immortal, how did my scratches stay on your back? Shouldn't they heal right away?"

He chuckled lightly at my question and answered sarcastically, "I'm not a vampire Caly."

"Oh hush, you know what I mean!" I said laughing at his ridiculousness.

"If it would have been anyone or anything else, I would've instantly healed. But part of Zeus' 'fun' was for you to be able to hurt me, just not kill me. So you can damage my skin, but it just takes a longer time to heal than other wounds."

I nodded, slowly understanding what he was saying. We finished getting dressed, and quietly headed downstairs. I fixed us both a bowl of cereal and we went to sit on the back porch. We ate in comfortable silence and just watched the ocean and birds flying around.

"So, did you have a memory last night?" He asked as he finished his cereal and placed his bowl on the coffee table in front of us.

"Yeah, actually. It was a lot less..intense. I saw Poseidon.." I laughed at my own words still not believing all of this was real.

His eyes widened, just as shocked as I was. "What did he say?"

"That he knew my parents and he gave me gifts." I smiled at the memory of being able to see perfectly and breath underwater.

"So that's how you got your gifts.." Levi mumbled, more to himself than to me.

"You didn't know before?"

He shook his head no, glancing over at me with amusement in his eyes. "You never told me how you could see so clearly and breath underwater, I just assumed they were traits passed down from your parents."

"Oh okay. Well, yeah. He was really nice actually. Are the gods still around?" I asked realizing they could be listening to me at this very moment.

Levi looked out at the ocean and said, "Some of them are still around, but most have went silent. Even though Zeus hasn't spoken in centuries, I can always tell when a storm smells a certain way or if lightning strikes at a certain angle, that it is him."

I stared at him in awe just talking about him. I can't believe Zeus made Levi specifically for me, regardless of his intentions, I would forever be in debt to Zeus for giving me him.

He looked over at me and smiled. I'm assuming he heard what I just thought and I leaned over placing a soft kiss on his lips.

"So what do you know about my parents?" I asked him as I cuddled up closer to him.

"Not much actually, just that they were married and had a lot, I mean a lot of children. There were always rumors that you actually belonged to the titan Atlas, but that was proven false by Tethys. And yeah, after the war with the titans, Zeus let them stay on earth and tend to their freshwater territories. They became good friends with Poseidon, which is probably why he is so fond of you."

Just hearing Levi talk about everything was so interesting to me. Now that I have accepted the fact that what they tell me is the truth, I want to know as much as I can.

"I do remember you telling me they split up though, too many children flooding the world." He laughed lightly at a memory I was yet to remember. "But they always loved you and would send you beautiful jewelry and the finest silks the world had to offer."

I smiled over at him, vaguely remembering the beautiful jewels on my fingers and necklace.

"I can't wait to remember them." I said quietly as my gaze drifted back to the sea.