chapter 2

"If I may. " He says placing his hands on her shoulders making her jump slightly.

"You startled me! " She starts and sighs and he smiles at her through the mirror before them.

"I'm sorry, I'll knock next time. " He says and she smiles back at him.

"You don't have to, I just didn't see you come in. " She says as he helps her unzip her dress.

"Thank you." She says and turns to look at him, holding her dress firmly against her.

"What was that goblin telling you anyway? " She asks and Lance laughs.

"He's not a goblin Love. He's your brother. " He says lifting her chin so he can look into her eyes.

"He's annoying. " She complains and pouts and he quickly pecks her lips.

"So adorable! " He says and she blushes and lowers her eyes. "So how about we get you out of that dress. " He whispers in her ear, drawing closer to her that she's forced to sit on her dresser.

"Lance I... " She starts but a moan falls from her lips when he nips at the skin just below her ear. "Ok! " She manages to say, although it's barely but a whisper. He gently pushes her dress off her shoulders and it falls, forming a blue pool of satin at her feet. Wrapping her legs around his waist, he carries her to the bed and his lips cover hers as soon as her head hits the sheets.

"I missed you! " She says in between digging her hands into his hair and he nods before sitting up to tear off his shirt before covering their bodies with a sheet. Well, the rest is history.

"What are you thinking about! "She asks from where her head's laying on his chest minutes later.

" Why? "He asks as he plays with her hair, running his hands through it all the way to her back.

" You just seem so distant! "She says and looks up at him, supporting her body with her elbow so she's laying on her side.

"When was the last time you saw your  father Anna? " He asks politely.

"I thought we agreed not to talk about him" She says and lowers her eyes, putting on a sad face.

"I know. " He says lifting her chin up so she can look at him.

"He won't approve of our relationship." She says and sighs deeply, focusing on her fingers as they  draw circles up and down his chest.

"He's your father. " He says in a low voice and she nods. "He only wants what's best for his daughter and..."

"You are what's best for me. " She cuts him short. "You should know that by now. " Lance nods and doesn't speak again and she gently lays her head on his chest.

"I miss him! " She admits after seconds of silence between them. Lance rubs her back gently and doesn't say a word. "He's my father and I love him more than anything else in all four lands. " She says.

"Ouch... "Lance exclaims and Anna chuckles.

" I love you too Lance. "She says and he smiles down at her.

" I love you. "He says.

" I remember he's the one who took me on my first horse ride. Mother kept saying it was dangerous, that I shouldn't, I was too young for a horse ride but he took me anyway. I hurt my knee that day and I cried so hard. "She chuckles and smiles at the memory.  "Then he carried me home and bribed me with all the delicacies that I wanted so as not to tell my mother about our little adventure. "

"He bribed you! "Lance chuckles at the idea. He's only fought beside him in battle.

" Yes. I did tell anyway. "She says and chuckles. " My mother, her soul rest in peace, was so angry at him. "

"Well, maybe you should go see your father then. " Lance pushes.

"No. He'll start lecturing me. "She says and rolls her eyes." Oh...Anna the kingdom comes first. Oh.. Anna, you should get married... Oh..blah blah..."she mimics.

"Maybe he won't. " He says and turns her head to face him. "Am afraid the king is very ill! "

"What? " She asks sitting up. Her expression a mixture of anger and worry.

"Harry told me. " He says sitting up too.

"You should have told me earlier. " She starts wrapping the sheets around her body so she can get off the bed.

"Hey baby hey! "He starts, gripping her by her upper arm to stop her.
" You should calm down first. "

"Calm down!!You didn't tell me my father was sick. "

"I just found out Anna! "

"Well, am sorry but I can't be calm. "