The apology

~~Jeremy's POV; After school (Monday)~~
Today I walked home considering I wanted to call Michael as soon as possible..there are many stops before I get off so I figure it would take less time to get home just walking...
Michael seemed off today...he looked like he hadn't slept in..forever...which concerns me a lot..Michael usually makes sure he gets as much sleep as he can.. and to add more concern on top of that Michael ditched lunch...and the classes that came after lunch obviously.
—Jeremy arrives at home—
I grab my phone out of my pocket as soon as I step in the door of my house and dial the number i had memorized years ago..
Ringing...ringing...ringing...Click
Michael answered the phone!
Michael : "heyyyy~ dudeee"
Jeremy: "Hey Michael what happened this morni-....wait dude are you- h-high right now?"
Michael: "..." "i dunno whattt youre talking aboutttt~"
Jeremy: "Dude... d-did you d-ditch school just so you could get stoned!"
Michael: "maybeeee"..."maybe nott...you tell mee"
Jeremy: "We really need to talk-"
Michael: "We are talking silly"...*giggles*
Jeremy:"Michael.. How fucking stoned are you?"
Michael: "i don't know...isss the wall moving where you are tooo?"
Jeremy: "I'll call back when you aren't stoned out of your mind.."
Michael: "whyyyy~"
Jeremy: "Because Michael...just go lay down for a bit"
Michael: "okie-"
Click
-Jeremy hung up-
"Michael is such a stoner" i rolled my eyes and laughed a bit... I decide that since I'm not ganna talk to him till his high wears off I might as well find something to do so I work on some homework..
~2 hours later~
I thought over what me and Michael would talk about and throughout thinking about this I also find that it is probably not a good idea to say all that needs to be said over a phone call...so I text Michael
Jeremy: 'Hey you good now?'
Michael: 'yeah dude, what do you mean?'
Jeremy: 'you were like really high earlier'
Michael: 'Oh..'
Jeremy: 'Yeahh..'
Jeremy: 'anyway can I come over?...we need to talk'
Michael: 'yeah I guess dude'
Jeremy: 'alright I'll be headed over in a second'
I rushed out the door and began walking to Michael's house..we only lived a few blocks away from each other...

~~Michaels POV; Michael's house~~
Jeremy was on his way over and I could already feel my anxiety kick in...what was he going to say? What would I have to say?
Knock. Knock. Knock.
That must be Jeremy...I opened the door and as I expected Jeremy was standing there...
"H-hey Mikey"
"Sup jer..come on in.."  I gestured him to come in to the house...when he did I shut the door behind him like I usually would...
"Let's go to the basement my moms are probably going to be home soon..their getting off their oh so exciting business trip"
Jeremy looked at me with a puzzled expression..."since when do you not want to see your moms the second they get home?"
I stared for a moment and shrugged...we made it to the basement and the bean bag chairs had been put into a corner and a couch was placed where the bean bags used to be... except a bit more back so I could watch Tv... I sat on the couch and Jeremy sat alongside me...
"it reaks in here dude" Jeremy said in a concerned tone..."it's not like you aren't used to the basement smelling like this dude" I put on a fake smile after the sentence to try and not seem rude
"No- well yeah but no it's smells ALOT more strong than normal...how much have you been smoking recently?"... I paused for a moment "it's fine Jeremy don't worry about it.."... Jeremy frowned... "Okay dude"
There was a silence that began to surface...awkward silence..
"So uh what'd you want to talk about agian?"
Jeremy seemed like he couldn't think until I had said that.."Oh.. Right!"..." I-i-I'm uh I'm s-sorry Michael, for everything..".."I really am"
I say a bit apathetically..."I accept you're apology dude"... deep down I know he means it but what he said still hurts a bit and it doesn't help that he said that without his squip on.
"Y-you do..? Don't you want to scream at me? Tell me how much I hurt you!? Michael I-"
"No it's fine" I say sounding a bit numb....
"Michael...what the Hell is going on? W-why are y-you acting so like disinterested o-or w-whatever!" I go silent for a moment I can't find the words..."I- I uhm I uh I forgive you it's fine dude don't worry about it...maybe you should go home..?" Jeremy looks at me with a look of disbelief..."you're fucking kidding Michael!...it is not fine! You look like you haven't slept in years! And then no video games?! AND Now you want me to go home!? What is going on with you!" I sit up and begin walking upstairs headed to my bedroom..."I'm fine.." I say bitterly... Jeremy stays sat on the couch until I reach my bedroom...i shut the door and slide down sitting slumped on the door..I hear footsteps coming up the stairs.."Michael?...I'm sorry...you're just- just acting...not like yourself.." i start crying...I swallow the lump that formed in my throat "what if t-this is me...the real me...The Fucking loser who sits and cries like the pathetic idiot he is!" I say with a mix of anger and sadness in my voice..."Michael i- you aren't-"...I shout.."Go home Jeremy I'll text you later and don't say you won't leave because I'm not leaving my bedroom until you do!"..Jeremy let's out a large sigh "fine dude I'll leave" I hear footsteps go down the stairs and I begin sobbing like I've never sobbed before...