Chapter 56

Don't you ever fucking leave me...

Dylan's words still ring in my mind long after our shower and our clothing is back on, long after the drive back to his place. I don't know whether him and I are ok or if he's a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. After our heated shower together my body is still high off of him but my mind is preparing for a war as Dylan disappears up stairs,

"You want something to change into?" he asks walking up the stairs.

"No," I look down at my jeans and sweater, "Actually yeah."

I follow after him as he switches on the light to his room, I notice the lamp by his bed is missing making his already empty room seem emptier, "What happened to your lamp?"

He pulls his shirt over his head throwing it into the hamper, "I smashed it."

I feel my eyes bug out of my head, "You what?"

Dylan looks at me and I can see something distant in his eyes, "You heard me." his voice has an edge, an edge telling me to stop pushing.

However, I'm to stubborn to stop pushing, "I did, why did you smash the lamp?"

He hands me a black t-shirt, "You want sweats to sleep in?"

How can he avoid all of this? I feel like I'm spinning. He's avoiding the subject, he's acting like the other night didn't happen, yet there's a tense edge to him since we walked into his house.

"Dylan, why are you avoiding the question?" I take the shirt, "It's a simple question." I push.

"You avoided mine." his dark eyes warn me to stop.

"No sweats." I answer to satisfy him.

"Smart choice, because we both know I'd just take them off you tonight." he whispers into my ear causing my body to melt into his.

His velvet lips leave soft kisses against my neck and my eyes flutter close as his warm hands travel under my ratty sweater. The smell of his body wash surrounds me taking me out of the now whisking me off to another place. My head rolls to the side allowing him better access to the skin above my collar bone.

"You always feel so good to me baby." he groans against me.

I get lost in him so easily, the soft touch of his hands, the warmth of his lips and his words that always send me over the edge. I drop the shirt to the floor and wrap my arms around his neck desperate for support. He groans as our bodies press against each other and I can feel his erection through his gym shorts.

He nuzzles his nose into my hair causing me to giggle, "What to have a repeat of the shower?" his voice heavy with lust.

My eyes open and immediately I see his empty night stand, "Hey!" I shove at him, "Stop distracting me!" Dylan gives me his all innocent smile.

"Baby I'm not doing anything," he tries to pull me back to him, "I just can't get enough of you. You know that."

I pull back, "Why did you smash your lamp?"

My arms cross over my chest and I hold my ground. Dylan is famous for distracting me when he doesn't want to speak about something, which is all too often when it comes to him. I have so many unanswered questions about what Cher told me. If his lips come near me I won't get any of those answers I'm desperate for.

"Why the fuck does it matter?" he rolls his eyes clearly annoyed by me.

"Because."

"Because why?" he fires back.