7) Breaking Free

(Y/n)'s POV

When Mr. Aizawa said the training would be hard, he meant it. Not being able to see my quirk made it harder to control. And a 'warm up' includes a four mile run. I died the first day and Mr. Aizawa literally dragged me back. 

After three weeks past, things were getting easier. I still wasn't able to see what my ability was, but I wasn't close to dropping dead on the spot when we had to run or spar. He never used his quirk on me because just his punches and kicks were enough for me to take right now. 

Currently, its 5 am and I wasnt able to sleep. I didnt want to wake Mr. Aizawa so I left as quietly as I could and ran through the woods. It was peaceful and it made me feel free. 

I ran back to the yard and unplugged the earbuds from my new phone Mr. Aizawa had given me to keep in contact with him where I am at all times. A good song was playing and soon, I found myself dancing to it. 

I hesitantly just stood in place and swayed nervously fearing someone could be watching me, but as the words and the melody became sweeter, my body moved on it's own. I daced gracefully and looked like a real ballerina! When the main chorus sang it's part, I felt something in me break. It felt like chains breaking away from my heart and the feeling of being myself and accepting myself was what did it. 

Light swirled around me and pulled me upwards to the air. I felt Luke I was flying, and in a sense, I was. I was free to be who I wanted to be. 

When my feel landed on the ground I smiled and the music ended. I felt so light! Like I was a kid again! I looked at my hands and saw electricity crackle on them. I smiled. "I did it mom..." I said and looked at the stars.