Chapter 7: Second Chance At First Line Part 4

I leaned against Stiles' jeep as the police officers brought Derek to their police car.

"assholes" I muttered looking at Derek.

I should be at least skeptical of him being the killer since the body was buried at his place, but I just know that it's not true, for some reason I trust Derek. I don't know why I do, I definitely shouldn't I don't know him well, but I trust him.

Derek's eyes locked with mine for a split second, it was enough for me to mouth sorry to him before he was shoved into the vehicle.

In the corner of my eye I noticed Stiles creeping towards the police car causing me to groan.

He's gonna get in trouble.

With a sigh I texted Scott telling him that I'll be waiting in the jeep for them. I glanced at the police car once more before climbing in the back of the jeep nearly falling face first to the floor. Instead of hitting the car floor my face hit the back seat making me huff in frustration before pulling myself up against the door.

I really hope today doesn't go to shit.

My eyes got heavier as I waited for the boys making me wish I was in my bed. I decided to take a nap while I wait, I needed to catch up on some sleep anyway.

>--<

"pull over!"  Scotts shouting pulled me out of my sleep.

I groaned at the pain in my head still not opening my eyes.

Why am I so dizzy?

I heard the old jeep screech in protest to the quick movement that sent me flying into the seats beside me.

"what the hell is going on" I asked my voice sounding quieter then I anticipated. Using my hands I lifted myself off of the seats.

Stiles slammed his door shut after running out of the car.

"great answer Stiles. Thank you very much" I whispered to myself as I pulled myself into the front seat.

Climbing out of jeep I searched for Stiles seeing as he wasn't near the jeep.

Wait, where the hell is Scott?

"Oh great your alive" Stiles blurted as he ran over to me.

"care to explain why I'm awake and in the middle of the road with my brother gone?" I questioned raising my eyebrows at him.

His eyes widened as he looked at me and gulped.

"ughhh.. Well" he stammered scratching the back of his head.

I waved him to continue explaining.

"I took the wolfs bane with me" he spat out quickly

"you took the wolf bane" I repeated as my hand rested on my forehead.

He shook his head slowly making a high pitched noise.

"so that's why Scott is gone?" I asked earning another nod from the boy in front of me.

I groaned at the newfound information.