Answers

McKenna got led to D-tent by the kid with the glasses and the rest of his group.

"Yo, I'm X-ray, that's Armptit," here, he pointed to a heavier black kid who smiled cheesily at McKenna.

"That's Magnet," pointing out a Mexican kid who grinned.

"Squid," indicating a black haired white kid.

"Zig-Zag." A frizzy blonde who looked paranoid.

"Cool. I'm-" I started.

"McKayla. We know. The Warden told us about you cause' you're staying in D-tent, our tent."

I nodded. "So that's why you didn't look surprised I was a girl."

The guys chuckled. "You should stick by us, chica, there's lots of bad guys here." Said Magnet.

I darkened at that. "I can take care of myself. No need to worry about that.

There was a little silence as I put my bag behind the cot they assigned me. Then, they thought of all the questions they'd been apparently holding in.

"Where ya from?"

"Virginia."

"Got any nicknames?"

"Not that I particularly want to share."

"You live with you're parents?"

"Nope."

"What'd they nail you for?"

"Robbery."

"Seriously? Chica, most of us got here by stealing puppies and setting stuff on fire. Isn't that a State Penn kinda crime?"

"They're were complications."

"Do you enjoy being mysterious like that?" Squid drawled.

"I wouldn't say I enjoy it."

The guys sighed. It was clear they weren't going to get answers so soon.