Favour😝

ABEER:

"Okay Mom, Bye" I said and hung up.

The duration of our call was 48 minutes which meant that the game would be over

The duration of our call was 48 minutes which meant that the game would be over. I turned around and across the court, on the other side, Sahir stood with the bottle raised to his lips but his eyes were fixed on me.
Lowering the bottle, he gave me a funny smile and I couldn't help to hide mine.
I started walking towards him as he packed up his kit and just when I had parted my lips to say something he interrupted.

"You can speak anything other than an apology", he said.

I looked down and another smile automatically found its way to my lips. I bit my lip.

" It was Mom and I didn't realize.....", I was midway when he interrupted again.

"I told you....no apology, no explanations. You looked so happy to be on that call so it just really doesn't matter", he said zipping up his bag and turning towards me with a smile.

His grey eyes held warmth and affection.

" Alright....." I said.

"Let's go then", he said slinging the bag over his shoulder and we started walking.

" So....how was the match? What are your chances for the captainship?" I asked after a while.

"Well... I really don't know", he said.

"Really?" I asked meaningfully.

He suddenly laughed and it was so nice that I could smile by simply looking at him laugh.

"Tell me" I said through my smile.

"Despite all our efforts, me and Asad had a neck to neck match so..... Let's see what happens" he said.

"Well...that was supposed to happen because the both of you are just so good but..." I stopped walking and turned towards him.

"I'll pray for you. You don't need to worry", I said and after looking at me for a while, he smiled.

" What?" I asked and he diverted his gaze.

"Nothing... I was just thinking that what have I done to deserve a friend like you" he said.

I smiled.

"Why are you blushing?" he said looking towards me.

"Nothing....I should have been the one to say that", I said and he just nodded his head.

"Can we sit down for a while?" he asked gesturing towards one of the benches in the ground outside the court.

"Why? Are you okay?" his suggestion to sit down was so sudden and odd that the first thing that came in my mind was that maybe he wasn't feeling well.

"Yes....?" he was bewildered.

"Actually I wanted to talk to you..." he said.

I only stared blankly at him for a while.